Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic after installing Catalina OS ... Loops as soon as Apple sign appears

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE !!!
I tried to make a video of the startup process ... but it is very difficult
to get legible frames when text scrolls up very fast !!!
So ... I am posting a series of images of the startup process the best I
could get ... so ... I hope they are useful for You to tell me why my
computer keeps rebooting with a KP !!!
I appreciate all your time and help !!!
Best regards,
Rafael

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    4 MB · Views: 83
  • 2.png
    2.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 75
  • 3.png
    3.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 88
  • 4.png
    4.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 87
  • 5.png
    5.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 80
I am posting a series of images of the startup process

Number 4 contains the information that we need but unfortunately it is unreadable.

Do you have any non-SATA drives that you can use? DO you have a time machine backup? I had similar problems, solved them by restoring from a backup from a time machine. Btw. I found out, that the problem went away when I disabled the SATA Controller in BIOS. That is not a good solution, however, its an indication, where the problem might be. Try it.

I think I have the same problem...

Attachments

• 0BDEBFBC-D7D3-4261-B8E4-D949642B331D.jpeg
    0BDEBFBC-D7D3-4261-B8E4-D949642B331D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
  • A4D62BC8-C117-4E92-ACE4-8BC28CDFB3D3.jpeg
    A4D62BC8-C117-4E92-ACE4-8BC28CDFB3D3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 60
  • EDB47B86-303F-4E24-A616-39E5D55F7C90.jpeg
    EDB47B86-303F-4E24-A616-39E5D55F7C90.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
Yo guys, film the boot sequence in 240fps, then you can freeze frame better again, I thing its a problem with corrupt kext files (native) and has something to do with Catalina. When I disabled the SATA controller on my motherboard in BIOS, I could boot normally, with SATA, I had the same KP. I have a NVME drive, so I'm good. What I did to repair this KP, I booted from my Catalina Install USB and reinstalled clean, then recovered from Time Machine. It seems to work now.

Yo guys, film the boot sequence in 240fps, then you can freeze frame better again, I thing its a problem with corrupt kext files (native) and has something to do with Catalina. When I disabled the SATA controller on my motherboard in BIOS, I could boot normally, with SATA, I had the same KP. I have a NVME drive, so I'm good. What I did to repair this KP, I booted from my Catalina Install USB and reinstalled clean, then recovered from Time Machine. It seems to work now.

The same situation just happened to me after the Supplemental Update. Had to disable the SATA Controller in BIOS to be able to boot into my system. Just finishing the update and will give a report (with bootlog). I will try again to reinstall the system. But maybe there is another way (maybe restore the involved kexts?), but I’m not qualified for such advanced troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Had to disable the SATA Controller in BIOS to be able to boot into my system.
Hello, I'm having exactly the same problem. I cannot boot to catalina without disabling "Sata Controller".
Did you find a solution about this ?
Many Thanks

Hello, I'm having exactly the same problem. I cannot boot to catalina without disabling "Sata Controller".
Did you find a solution about this ?
Many Thanks

no sir, Don’t have time to experiment now, but next week I will try to reinstall with SIP enabled...nobody is helping, I guess it’s a mystery problem that only a very small group of ppl are experiencing. Let’s hope someone suggests a way to troubleshoot it

Hello Again Hackintoshers !!!

THKSM to ALL of YOU ... Who have taken the time to read and suggest something to solve this problem !!!
OK ... I managed to take my Photo Camera and using high speed burst shooting I got a set of pictures of
the startup process !!! ... I hope this picture set is good enough to determine the problem !!!
I appreciate all your time and help !!!
Best regards,
Rafael

Attachments

• KP1.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 44
  • KP2.jpg
    10.2 MB · Views: 40
  • KP3.jpg
    11.5 MB · Views: 41
  • KP4.jpg
    13.9 MB · Views: 39
  • KP5.jpg
    13.8 MB · Views: 35
  • KP6.jpg
    14.1 MB · Views: 40
  • KP7.jpg
    13.9 MB · Views: 42
  • KP8.jpg
    12.4 MB · Views: 43
Do you have any non-SATA drives that you can use? DO you have a time machine backup? I had similar problems, solved them by restoring from a backup from a time machine. Btw. I found out, that the problem went away when I disabled the SATA Controller in BIOS. That is not a good solution, however, its an indication, where the problem might be. Try it.
Hello otiginalmagneto !!! ... THSK for responding !!! ... I don't have any non-SATA drives ... I have 2 Carbon copy backups ... I am going to try to disable the SATA controller in bios !!!
Best regards,
Rafael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back