CPU
i3-4130
Graphics
hd 4400
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Already installed. I can boot into installer disk/recovery but can't boot into OS(catalina).
Using Opencore to boot but whatever I change on config.plist always the same.
Help me please.
Hardware:
I've added log and config.plist for help.

Attachments

• opencore-2021-08-22-140547.txt
    256 KB · Views: 63
  • config.plist
    27.3 KB · Views: 72
Your config.plist is missing a few Framebuffer entries for your HD4400 IGPU.

You don't have the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit option enabled. As you are not injecting a USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml for USB configuration you need to enable the XhciPortLimit quirk for your USB ports to function.

You don't need to have XHCI-unsupported.kext in your /OC/Kexts folder or config.plist, as the Intel 8-series USB ports are natively recognised in macOS. This kext will help USB ports on specific systems be Recognised correctly not enabled.

If you are using an SSD for your drive you should also enable ThirdPartyDrives quirk (directly above the XhciPortLimit quirk) so Trim is enabled.

You should enable AppleXcpmCfgLock quirk, as recommended by the OC guide.

I would recommend running your system with SIP enabled, so change the NVRAM > Add > csr-active-config setting to <00000000> in place of your current setting of <FF0F0000>

Does your system require the Audio codec layout-id toileting be 1 or 13. I ask this as you are using the boot argument alcid=13, and the DeviceProperites > Add > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) > layout-id - <01000000> (1). Which is correct?

Have you set your Bios correctly to run macOS with OpenCore?

OC Bios settings

Disable
  • Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port/Super IO port
  • Parallel Port
  • VT-d
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection) This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled
  • For 10.10 and older, you'll need to enable AppleCpuPmCfgLock as well
Enable
  • VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
Your system may not have all these settings, some may be hidden within other settings, CSM and UEFI booting being the ones to spring to mind.

You will also need to make sure your Graphics options are set correctly, i.e. Intel graphics enabled, and IGPU, IGFX, Internal set as default, so your IGPU is priority graphics option.

Thanks for your detailed reply.
I edited config.plist with
  • added framebuffer -as the guide says for intel hd 4400
  • xhciportLimit enabled
  • thirdpartyDrives enabled -as I'm using an ssd
  • AppleXcpmCfgLock enabled
  • sip enabled as you said
  • XHCI-unsupported.kext removed
For audio the boot argument alcid=13 worked well for me last time thats why I used that one and the layout-id was included previously so I didn't changed it as this is optional on OC guide.
Then I booted again but got the panic again.
I used the same config 2 month ago and it worked very well but now its not working.
edited config.plist and last log file added

Attachments

• config.plist
    27 KB · Views: 72
  • opencore-2021-08-23-012436.txt
    256 KB · Views: 57
Add -v and debug=0x100 to the boot arguments in your config.plist and then post a photo of the kernel panic.

At the moment I am working blind, as I don't know what is causing the KP.

20210823_035601.jpg
20210823_035616.jpg

Unfortunately those two images don't show the cause of the kernel panic.

Here is a revised OC 0.7.1 EFI folder, which I have edited to work with your similar Haswell system. It started out as a copy of the iMac1 system's EFI folder, as shown in my signature below. This is a mature setup, not a generic one like is provided in the OC guides. So it contains a number of additional SDDT's and patches in the config.plist that are not mentioned by the OC guide.

All that is missing is the iMac 15,1 Serial number etc. which you need to provide. This boots Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur on my iMac1 system, so it should work for you.

Attachments

• iMac15,1 0.7.1 EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 107
Thanks again for the efi you provided. I used it on my usb but at boot device picker where I select USB to boot into OpenCore It brings me back to boot device picker :(
I mean nothing happens when select usb at boot.
Also I recreated a efi using latest OpenCorepkg files but at OC menu the drive where Catalina is installed is not visible.

The OC EFI folder I provided should show the OC GUI (boot screen with icons), not the text Picker List menu. Are you sure you are booting from the correct OC EFI folder?

Catalina not being visible may be caused by a missing HFS+ driver.

your EFI and my created another try(EFI) Wont even boot. Can't figure out whats the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back