Kernel Panic After AppleHDA Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I've been attempting to patch AppleHDA for the past few days to get my nonexistant audio on my Dell Inspiron 13 5378 to work but to no avail. I have used the AppleHDA Patcher and, after installing the dummyHDA.kext and the codeccommander.kext to my s/l/e , I am getting a kernel panic. I am lost as to what I should do. Obviously, the main complication is that the system is a Kaby Lake machine. Any thoughts? Attached is a picture of the kernel panic.

Attachments

• IMG_5455.jpg
    IMG_5455.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 306
Hey guys,

I've been attempting to patch AppleHDA for the past few days to get my nonexistant audio on my Dell Inspiron 13 5378 to work but to no avail. I have used the AppleHDA Patcher and, after installing the dummyHDA.kext and the codeccommander.kext to my s/l/e , I am getting a kernel panic. I am lost as to what I should do. Obviously, the main complication is that the system is a Kaby Lake machine. Any thoughts? Attached is a picture of the kernel panic.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Sorry about that, I hope that what I attached is enough. Thanks in advance for the help!

(for the output commands, I was only able to get feedback from the acpiplat command, so that is what I included)

Attachments

• acpiplat.zip
    756 bytes · Views: 102
  • Christie’s MacBook Air.zip
    399.8 KB · Views: 110
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
  • Patchmatic Extract.zip
    46.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Sudo Touch Output.zip
    893 bytes · Views: 116
Sorry about that, I hope that what I attached is enough. Thanks in advance for the help!

(for the output commands, I was only able to get feedback from the acpiplat command, so that is what I included)

You said you had a KP. But no panic photo provided, and ioreg implies you can boot.
Why the discrepancy?
Did you change something that changed the result?

I am able to boot in safe mode. Sorry for the omission. It slipped my mind.

I am able to boot in safe mode. Sorry for the omission. It slipped my mind.

How do you expect to have working audio without patching ACPI correctly?
Start over with fresh install...

Attached is a picture of the kernel panic.
After updating El Capitan and tries to install ALC892 audio with Kext Utility i had the same problem and it's restarting every time
now i able to access to Safe Mode only
is there any way to fix this problem? my usb install is not running for fresh install and i'm not able to have a mac to make a new one :(

After updating El Capitan and tries to install ALC892 audio with Kext Utility i had the same problem and it's restarting every time
now i able to access to Safe Mode only
is there any way to fix this problem? my usb install is not running for fresh install and i'm not able to have a mac to make a new one :(

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back