i7 8700k
Graphics
EVGA 1080Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've set up a system recently and I can't work out why it panics and restarts... I even updated the BIOS to the latest revision and it appeared to work fine for a few days, but I've sat down with it today and it was refusing to boot for awhile...

I've attached an image of the problem (the blurred files on the right are my doing, not to do with the Kernel Panic).

Is it something to do with the nVidia graphics?

This is a different system to the one in my signature. Specs are as follows:
i7 4790k
Gigabyte Z97-UD7-TH
EVGA GT 740 2GB Superclocked
32GB Crucial RAM
Corsair RM 650

OSX 10.10.3

If you need anything else, let me know and I'll see what I can do

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    956 KB · Views: 94
Thanks for getting back.

I haven't installed the web drivers - i didn't think i needed to with the GT 740. Should I get those instead?

No idea. No experience with Nvidia hardware (none here). But your crash is from the Nvidia drivers you're using.

No idea. No experience with Nvidia hardware (none here). But your crash is from the Nvidia drivers you're using.

Ok, well in that case you may not be able to help with my next question, but I'll post anyway in case anyone else can help:

The web drivers state "This driver update is for Mac Pro 5,1 (2010), Mac Pro 4,1 (2009) and Mac Pro 3,1 (2008) users only."

I have Clover set to recognise my machine as an iMac 14,2. Should I change this to match the Mac Pro setting, or does it not really matter?

Thanks

So it's been a week, and I think I have some news. I've not experienced the problem for about a week now, and I think it's just down to a stupid user error on my part.

I've recently been setting up my home system which uses an ATI card. This work system uses an Nvidia card, and in my effort to be really careful about every little detail, I appear to have got confused and was injecting the wrong graphics...

I'm still a little curious as to how it managed to work some times, but *touch wood* it's working now.

Thanks for your help diagnosing the problem as Nvidia drivers, it certainly makes me more confident that this issue is fixed. Of course, if there are any more problems I'll be sure to follow up on here, but hopefully that won't be necessary!

try booting with -f and see if it kernel panics then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back