Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I am really hoping someone can help.

I updated my system recently by accident (you read right!). I clicked on update now by mistake while looking after our newborn. I completely forgot I had chosen this option and left the machine and when I came back the machine had rebooted into a Kernel Crash (see screenshot).

I have no idea how to fix this at all. I have tried reading a few posts and couldn't find anything that worked for me to help, so I hope I am doing the right thing by creating a new thread.

I can login using Safe Mode but when I do I have no internet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

Patjamz

IMG_0907.JPG

Thank you for your reply. Very grateful to you taking the time. The boot arg helped get me back into the machine and for all intense purposes, everything is working as before.

I wonder did I do the right thing with the Lilu update as when I try to boot in again without the boot arg I am still getting the same kernel panic. I downloaded the kext as suggested and put it into the 10.2 folder following the path below. I also added it to the “other” folder as there was already a Lilu kext in there so I replaced that. Was it enough to just drag the kext into the folder or should I have done something else?

I mount the disk. And followed the path

EFI > Clover > kexts > 10.2

I have the other kexts in the image and wondering should I be doing anything with them.

Thanks again for your time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 11.46.06.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 11.46.06.png
    30 KB · Views: 186
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 11.50.02.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 11.50.02.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 178
I mount the disk. And followed the path

EFI > Clover > kexts > 10.2

I have the other kexts in the image and wondering should I be doing anything with them.
Kexts that are essential to the boot process should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and all of the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.* folders should be deleted.

Other kexts should be correctly installed into /Library/Extensions on the system disk using an app such as KextBeast.

Kexts that are essential to the boot process should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and all of the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.* folders should be deleted.

Other kexts should be correctly installed into /Library/Extensions on the system disk using an app such as KextBeast.

Thanks for your reply Pilgrim.

Okay, so I placed the Lilu Kext on my desktop and ran Kext Beast. It said it was successful and that I need to reboot. The Lilu issue seems to have disappeared but getting a different Kernel Panic now. I tried to login in Safe Mode but that is not working either.

I have attached a screenshot. Any help you can offer would be great. Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_5242.jpeg
    IMG_5242.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 193
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back