Motherboard
GA-Z77X-D3H rev1.1
CPU
i5 2500K
Graphics
2x HD 6870
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody,i finally updated to ML and all working as it should,with some small exceptions.First thing i noticed is that the 2500K will not work @stock freq w/o SSDT,as some users stated,and,more important,Kernel Cache doesn't properly work.The issue i have is that my hard drives are still detected as External,even if i installed 3rdParty_Sata.kext.I checked and the kext is installed in S/L/E,i rebuilt kext cache using Extension Migration Tool in MB,still no go...If i boot with Kernel Cache=No,hard drives are seen as internal.What do you think the problem may be? 1.Kernel Cache 2.3rdParty_Sata.kext or 3.Kext Cache Rebuild in MB?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-03 at 12.54.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-03 at 12.54.34 PM.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,019
I hsv always rebuild my kernel cache by using Kext Utility and never gives me any problems.

No go,i used Kext Utility too,and Kernel Cache still not working...:(

I don´t know whether it´s a problem of the kernel cache or not.
On my Z68X-UD7-B3 I only installed the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector option, but not the 3rdParty SATA and drives are displayed as internal.

That's right, it has nothing to do with the kernelcache. I additional installed IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext to make my HDD visible as Internal

That's right, it has nothing to do with the kernelcache. I additional installed IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext to make my HDD visible as Internal
Ok,tried that and it works.I didn't tried it,because 3rd Party Sata.kext always worked in Lion,and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext description says:
"Not needed when using AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext."
Anyways,it's working now,though i still find it strange that using KernelCache=No made my drives appear as internal w/o installing this additional kext

I can confirm that it HAS to do with kernel cache not being used. I do have IOAHCIBlockstorageinjector.kext in my S/L/E installed via Multibeast and drives would nevertheless appear as external, or mixed. Deleting the kext (as the opposite solution) dod not change anything. Unchecking kernel cache in Chameleon Wizard definitely solves the problem.

EDIT: take IOAHCIBlockstorageinjector.kext OUT of S/L/E and put it in Extra/Extensions (make the Extensions folder yourself if one doesn't exist).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back