CPU
CPU model # > See Rules
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I have owned my hackintosh for 2+ years and it has worked wonderfully. Some things that happened before the kernel panic appeared: I was unplugging and plugging in the HDMI cable that went to the monitor frequently while working on a project, and just a couple days before I had connected my Thunderbolt 2 hub (I used an adapter to connect it to the Thunderbolt 3 plug in my motherboard), which worked for a bit, but then started glitching out. Not sure if either of those are related to the kernel panic.

I will attach images of the message I get at startup. Long story short, my computer restarted on its own, but then came to a kernel panic, from which it continuously recycles and never boots. I have created a boot drive and can boot it off of my backup HDD, I just have no knowledge of kernel panics, and the tutorials I have seen haven't helped me grasp what I need to do to fix it. I was advised to reset the BIOS settings and try updating the software, which I did, but when I get to the clover screen and choose "install maOS Catalina..." the apple logo appears with the progress bar, but the progress bar never moves beyond 0%. I will attach a picture of what I get when I choose "install macOS Catalina..." but also select the verbose mode option. Any ideas or help? Thank you so much!!!

Install Mac OS Catalina_verbose.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: