CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I just downloaded the latest sierra update (title says 10.13.3 but that was wrong) thinking it would be no different than any other update, just a quick restart with only needing to update nvidia drivers. However, after restarting, my hackintosh goes into a kernal panic and tries to reboot. Attached is a picture of the panic and verbose mode before it restarts. Note that I tried NV_disable=1 since that's usually all I ever had to do before to boot and update nvidia drivers. I also tried -x but the loading bar would appear and just sit there empty not filling up so I would restart it. It's been a while since I've had an issue like this so I'm a little rusty and don't really remember how to go about troubleshooting this.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2528.JPG
    IMG_2528.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 285
  • IMG_2530.png
    IMG_2530.png
    10.3 MB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Kernel panic caused by Lilu.kext

At Clover Boot Screen select Options and add -liluoff to Boot Args
Update Lilu.kext and other existing Lilu plugins you use to latest version.
Thanks for the reply! so -liluoff got me to boot and the first thing I did was go ahead and update nvidia drivers, but after installing those and restarting it now tried to reboot at the very end of the loading bar. So now I have to boot using -liluoff and NV_disable=1. So first things first, where do I need to put this new lilu.kext?? I don't know where to put it

Kernel panic caused by Lilu.kext

At Clover Boot Screen select Options and add -liluoff to Boot Args
Update Lilu.kext and other existing Lilu plugins you use to latest version.
Update: I tried putting lilu.kext in Other folder with the other kexts and now the boot bar will get to the very end and just go black and stay that way. Even with -liluoff and NV_disable=1.

Update: I tried putting lilu.kext in Other folder with the other kexts and now the boot bar will get to the very end and just go black and stay that way. Even with -liluoff and NV_disable=1.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

So heres verbose with and without the -liluoff flag:

Attachments

• with -liluoff.jpg
    with -liluoff.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 153
  • without -liluoff.jpg
    without -liluoff.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 174
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)
Update: So this is getting weird. I was randomly able to boot (WITH WEB DRIVERS) after using the commands "cpus=1, -liluoff, and NV_disable=1. Which made no since because the web drivers somehow did load. However, even if I try adding or removing the newest lilu.kext the only way i could boot is with "-liluoff" (even if the kext is not installed"). So now if I let it try to load like normal I get a kernel trap saying: panic (cpu 10 caller.

Any idea what that means??

Attachments

• IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 169
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back