Graphics
Radeon HD 6800
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys I'm extremely new at this stuff and my friend built me this computer and I have a windows Mac setup. My most recent mac update cause my audio to go and so I downloaded the update from the site here or at least I think I downloaded the right one. Well after installing it I now have a Kernal error after the Mac Loading screen..It keeps prompting me to restart to fix the error. Any Ideas on how to get my mac working again. Please be very simplistic in your explanations cause I'm not overly good with computers.

Thanks guys

Hey guys I'm extremely new at this stuff and my friend built me this computer and I have a windows Mac setup. My most recent mac update cause my audio to go and so I downloaded the update from the site here or at least I think I downloaded the right one. Well after installing it I now have a Kernal error after the Mac Loading screen..It keeps prompting me to restart to fix the error. Any Ideas on how to get my mac working again. Please be very simplistic in your explanations cause I'm not overly good with computers.

Thanks guys

Would help if you could provide more info on the motherboard including version. Also if possible, try to boot with -v -s and take a snapshot of the screen which should show what is causing the kp.

Gigabyte GA-Z68x-UD3H-B3 is what I think my mother board is!!

As for the screen shot will get back to you!

Thanks

photo (1).jpgphoto (2).jpgphoto.jpg

photo (4).jpgphoto (3).jpg

This is the results when I boot with -v -s

let me know what you think

thanks

View attachment 34396View attachment 34395

This is the results when I boot with -v -s

let me know what you think

thanks

It looks like you're hanging with the audio. First, check on the GB motherboard version. There's 1.0 and 1.3, and they use different audio chips (and drivers). You shouldn't need to use Voodoo. In fact, often if you load both the Realtek audio driver and Voodoo it will give a kp.

Thanks for the response

My next question would be how do you fix it when you can only boot the windows side of your computer? When I boot the mac I get the KP error. Do you have any instructions on how to fix it? I appreciate your time and effort so far! This means a lot to me! Kind of upset that my mac side isn't working!

Thanks

Hi! I'm another of 1medic's friends. How do we make it ignore the one causing the grief on boot so that we can get it booted up to disable it permanently?

edit: too slow :)

Hi! I'm another of 1medic's friends. How do we make it ignore the one causing the grief on boot so that we can get it booted up to disable it permanently?

edit: too slow :)

The easiest way to get back to a bootable system is to boot with -v -s like you did in the snapshot. Delete the /Extra folder (in terminal type sudo rm -r /Extra). Also change to /S/L/E folder (cd /Volumes/{your ML volume name}/System/Library/Extensions)
Next delete the Voodoo.kext or rename it to something like Voodoo.kextdisabled since that caused a kp.

Confirm that the /Extra folder and the offending kexts are deleted (change to the root level, and do a type ls. You shouldn't see a /Extra folder). Also change to /S/L/E and again do a listing and confirm the Voodoo kext is deleted ( at . by going and
Reboot from either unibeast of rBoot in safe mode (-x). You should be able to make whatever changes you want and re-run Multibeast (note that version 5.1 was just released).

The easiest way to get back to a bootable system is to boot with -v -s like you did in the snapshot. Delete the /Extra folder (in terminal type sudo rm -r /Extra). Also change to /S/L/E folder (cd /Volumes/{your ML volume name}/System/Library/Extensions)
Next delete the Voodoo.kext or rename it to something like Voodoo.kextdisabled since that caused a kp.

Confirm that the /Extra folder and the offending kexts are deleted (change to the root level, and do a type ls. You shouldn't see a /Extra folder). Also change to /S/L/E and again do a listing and confirm the Voodoo kext is deleted ( at . by going and
Reboot from either unibeast of rBoot in safe mode (-x). You should be able to make whatever changes you want and re-run Multibeast (note that version 5.1 was just released).

If you boot with -v -s, you should get into terminal mode (like the screenshot in #6 of the thread) where you can do the things I mentioned previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back