Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can boot the computer into the Unibeast USB drive. But when I press "enter" the Chimera window disappears for a few seconds, then I can see the grey Apple on white background for a second after which I am taken back to the Chimera window. I have tried all the boot flags I found on this site with the same result. I suspect the problem might be related to a Bios setting but I have no idea which one.
Any suggestion?

Thanks

I-7 4790
Gigabyte H97-D3H

No graphics card

Boot in BIOS
  • Load Optimized Defaults
  • Disable VT-d
  • SATA mode = AHCI
  • Initial Display Output = IGFX
  • Set BootModeSelection to Legacy & UEFI or Legacy Only

Boot USB Installer with –x –v (safe boot, verbose)

Also make sure that you prepped your USB correctly before creating your Unibeast install. That happened to me when I forgot to select the option of using it as a Master Boot Record.

Boot in BIOS
  • Load Optimized Defaults
  • Disable VT-d
  • SATA mode = AHCI
  • Initial Display Output = IGFX
  • Set BootModeSelection to Legacy & UEFI or Legacy Only

Boot USB Installer with –x –v (safe boot, verbose)

Thanks a lot. That is the right solution. Everything is working great except for the grainy picture on my monitor hooked to the DVI port. I tried using HDMI but my monitor displays "No cable connected". Does it have to do with the Bios? How can I get the HDMI port to work?

Thanks

Did you install the Intel 9 Series HD 4600 graphics fix with MultiBeast?

Did you install the Intel 9 Series HD 4600 graphics fix with MultiBeast?

That option is not available in MultiBeast 7.5. There is only " Intel Graphics Patch For Mixed Configurations" which I installed. But the problem remains: snowy picture through DVI and no HDMI signal.

Thanks

Sorry my mistake just checked MultiBeast 7.5 :oops:

Not sure what the impact is on the "Intel Graphics Patch For Mixed Configurations" install you did, as this patches AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext to enable the use of the HD 3000 GPU on 7-Series motherboards and the HD 4000 GPU on 6-Series motherboards.

Is the Intel HD 4600 properly recognised in about this mac, with the correct amount of memory?

And are you able to boot without the additional -x -v flags?

Sorry my mistake just checked MultiBeast 7.5 :oops:

Not sure what the impact is on the "Intel Graphics Patch For Mixed Configurations" install you did, as this patches AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext to enable the use of the HD 3000 GPU on 7-Series motherboards and the HD 4000 GPU on 6-Series motherboards.

Is the Intel HD 4600 properly recognised in about this mac, with the correct amount of memory?

And are you able to boot without the additional -x -v flags?

Hi

Yes the Intel HD 4600 is recognized in about this mac with 1536 mo. Yes, I can boot without any flag.

Thanks

The Messy display could be if you didn't select 1080p display.

Boot into OS X, open MultiBeast, navigate to Customize > Boot options and select 1080p Display Mode.

Also don't use any DVI-VGA or HDMI-VGA adapters.

The Messy display could be if you didn't select 1080p display.

Boot into OS X, open MultiBeast, navigate to Customize > Boot options and select 1080p Display Mode.

Also don't use any DVI-VGA or HDMI-VGA adapters.

Hi

I did select 1080p in MultiBeast and I am not using any adapters. I will run Multi Beast again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back