Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
Integrated
Hello, I am a brand new pc builder and Hackintosh builder. I have already ordered my parts, which include the
Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 Mini-ITX Motherboard, i7 7700k, Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (16GB), and Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, no graphics card. I am worried about the compatibility of my motherboard with the new kaby lake processor. I have read lots of forums saying you have to update bios and stuff, but I am still unsure what I have to do. Will this i7 7700k processor paired with my z170n motherboard give me any problems? Please help in any way, I really don't want to mess this installation up.

Hello, I am a brand new pc builder and Hackintosh builder. I have already ordered my parts, which include the
Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 Mini-ITX Motherboard, i7 7700k, Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (16GB), and Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, no graphics card. I am worried about the compatibility of my motherboard with the new kaby lake processor. I have read lots of forums saying you have to update bios and stuff, but I am still unsure what I have to do. Will this i7 7700k processor paired with my z170n motherboard give me any problems? Please help in any way, I really don't want to mess this installation up.

Hey man,

I'm new here but I just ran into the same problems with an ASRock Z170 Pro4s and i5 7500.

I know the configs differ but it's the same idea of running a Kaby Lake on a 170 chip board.

I just just got it to run after over 48 hours of trial and error.

What steps are you at?

What did the trick for me was to setup as an iMac with 18.2 bios in Clover after using the latest version of Unibeast.

For now I'm stuck at trying to make it recognized the integrated HD630. It recognized my CPU as an Intel Xeon currently.

Hey man,

I'm new here but I just ran into the same problems with an ASRock Z170 Pro4s and i5 7500.

I know the configs differ but it's the same idea of running a Kaby Lake on a 170 chip board.

I just just got it to run after over 48 hours of trial and error.

What steps are you at?

What did the trick for me was to setup as an iMac with 18.2 bios in Clover after using the latest version of Unibeast.

For now I'm stuck at trying to make it recognized the integrated HD630. It recognized my CPU as an Intel Xeon currently.
I have not even started building yet. I am just trying to figure everything out before I do anything. I think i am going to get the i7 6700k skylake instead of the i7 7700k kaby lake. Just beause i dont want any extra problems.

I have not even started building yet. I am just trying to figure everything out before I do anything. I think i am going to get the i7 6700k skylake instead of the i7 7700k kaby lake. Just beause i dont want any extra problems.
And I would be the first one to recommend you that.

Day 3 here and still solving stupid issues. No drivers are recognized.

If you want to go for Kaby Lake, save yourself the trouble and go 270. Otherwise, stick to previous gen.

One of my friends recently did a similar build i5 KL/ Gigabyte z270 and it was pretty much plug and play.

If you want to go for Kaby Lake, save yourself the trouble and go 270. Otherwise, stick to previous gen.

One of my friends recently did a similar build i5 KL/ Gigabyte z270 and it was pretty much plug and play.
Ya i think im gunna go for i7 sl and the z170n. will this dramatically be a downgrade tho?

Or should i upgrade my motherboard? I have already unboxed my motherboard and stuff tho

I am worried about the compatibility of my motherboard with the new kaby lake processor. I have read lots of forums saying you have to update bios and stuff, but I am still unsure what I have to do.
Your Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 Motherboard requires BIOS update F20 to support the 7th generation CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back