Contribute
Register

Kaby Lake Thunderbolt Audio/Video Workstation (silent)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming 7
CPU
Intel I7-7700K
Graphics
Intel HD630
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @jiffyslot
right now it's not going that fast as I would have wished but I'm on a good way.
Had some gigs to play and practice for them so my Hack was not on the list of priorities the last few weeks.
I figured out some stuff but messed up my config.plist so I need to start from scratch again. I'll share alle the informations that are spread around the forum in this thread as soon as I have found a fast way to get everything up and running.
If you have some particular questions just let me know.
Booting and installing from a USB 3 thumb drive and even loading from my timemachine backup of my macbook is working like a charm. Just the Intel integrated GPU and some other stuff isn't running yet but that's totally my fault because I copied a config.plist from a different system into my efi and that's what blocked me out of getting stuff working.
A typical rookie mistake because I haven't understood how certain things are working. So it's going with babysteps forward and I've already learned a LOT!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z370 GA-7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Classic, iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, SE/30
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Thank you! I'm looking at the "ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier LGA 1151 Intel Z270" because it has two Thunderbolt 3 ports. But it is not listed on the TonyMacX86 MOBO page. ???