Register

Kaby Lake i5-7500 + ASUS H110T+16GB+INTEL HD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening everyone

in this COVID 19 period
I am looking to update from 10.15.3 to 10.15.4
I updated Clovers and my Kexts
is there anything else to do before the update?

Thank You

Last edited:
Forget to mention, if the Stepping of the 8th CPU newer than B0 (which you can find it out in CPU-Z on Windows), you will need to short two pins and isolate two pins (which could be done by using scotch tape & metal tape). For most i3-8100 and i5-8400, it's not necessary.

If I read this correct, i5-8400 comes never with B0 stepping. I am wondering if there is any disadvantage chosing a B0 stepping 8th gen. CPU especially fur UHD 630 acceleration.

If I read this correct, i5-8400 comes never with B0 stepping. I am wondering if there is any disadvantage chosing a B0 stepping 8th gen. CPU especially fur UHD 630 acceleration.
True, probably there is no hex core B0 stepping CPU, but most i3 8100 come with B0 stepping, just modified my comment.
From my experience, there is no any disadvantage, one of my friend used ASUS h110t with i3 8100 hackintosh for more than six month, nothing different

Glad to know it works, BTW the 2002 version BIOS has some glith when connected to a 4k monitor via display port (Random black screen issue under MacOS). The latest BIOS fixed the issue, I'm going to attatch it below, for anyone who whants to use the moded BIOS and 4k monitor at the same time.
Hello, my CPU is i7-8700T. I used CH341A flash the BIOS. But, when I reboot, the screen stuck on Asus logo. I rebuild the chip with your BIOS for many times but it don't work. BTW, can you share your EFI for 10.5? Thanks~

Forget to mention, if the Stepping of the 8th CPU newer than B0 (which you can find it out in CPU-Z on Windows), you will need to short two pins and isolate two pins (which could be done by using scotch tape & metal tape). For most i3-8100, it's not necessary. Unluckyly, I have an i5-8600 with R0 stepping so I have to do this, but it only take a few minutes.
View attachment 437968
For the CH341A tutorial, you can simply use a Windows software to flash it. (Click Save to back up your previous BIOS, then click Detect, open the modded BIOS file, click Auto, then wait until everything done.)
ch341a.png

For Asus H110T, it is really easy to flash the BIOS ROM because the BIOS chip is not soldered on the board. You can just simply unplug it from motherboard and pulg it into CH341A programer.

F01DC08736A6383F582132C444C45431.jpg
my i7-8700T had short two pins and isolate two pins.

Glad to know it works, BTW the 2002 version BIOS has some glith when connected to a 4k monitor via display port (Random black screen issue under MacOS). The latest BIOS fixed the issue, I'm going to attatch it below, for anyone who whants to use the moded BIOS and 4k monitor at the same time.
When 8700T no work, I change to use 6700K. But it still doesn' work, the screen have no Asus logo

How has this build been working recently? Were there any issues updating to Catalina?

Hi, updated to 10.13.6 without trouble at all. Good luck....

Hi,

I'm a newbie of hackintosh and I have a little problem with audio.
I make this build (it is a prebuild for testing) with H110T and i7-7700, but the audio doesn't work. I've read varius solutions but without succes.
I know that to get help, it is necessary to post screens and logs but I don't know which ones.

I hope to have some help on this.

The next build I create will be for me and I need everything to work 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back