Contribute
Register

Kaby Lake HD620 working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you already get your hands on that Razer Blade? Looks nice from the pictures (although I'd prefer a slimmer bezel), would be interesting if the build quality is comparable to a MacBook.

Especially the touchpad is often a deal breaker to me, didn't find a PC notebook yet that can match Apples touchpad "magic" (open for other suggestions as well...).

I haven't gotten one yet. Gotta wait for funds to return after the holiday season. It's the closest thing I can find to a MacBook Pro and it gets great reviews from Linus. Apple's touchpad is glass which is why it feels so nice.

Apple's touchpad is glass which is why it feels so nice.

And USB transport. And good software behind it...
PC trackpads are probably improving with I2C transport, but of course the I2C kexts are very much a work in progress.

Microcenter has Kaby lake i5 and i7 cpus for sale for $229, $329 US. 1151 socket set, workable for a desktop? It says 95 watts in specs but Microcenter has been known to miss the mark on specs.

I just went back to check site and they've updated, to $199, and $299, same as the Skylake models.
I5 7500k, i7 7700k models are listed as desktop. i5 is Listed as 65 watts and the i7 at 91 watts with HD 600 series graphics.

Last edited:
Microcenter has Kaby lake i5 and i7 cpus for sale for $229, $329 US. 1151 socket set, workable for a desktop? It says 95 watts in specs but Microcenter has been known to miss the mark on specs.

I just went back to check site and they've updated, to $199, and $299, same as the Skylake models.
I5 7500k, i7 7700k models are listed as desktop. i5 is Listed as 65 watts and the i7 at 91 watts with HD 600 graphics.

No one has tried a desktop Kaby Lake CPU yet. We'll see what happens when someone does...
So far, the only Kaby Lake example that I know of is the one I link in post #1 (a Lenovo Yoga 710 laptop).

The i7-7700k is HD630 (not sure there is any such thing as HD600).

Last edited:
No one has tried a desktop Kaby Lake CPU yet. We'll see what happens when someone does...
So far, the only Kaby Lake example that I know of is the one I link in post #1 (a Lenovo Yoga 710 laptop).

The i7-7700k is HD630 (not sure there is any such thing as HD600).

It was the microcenter spec sheet, I think they mean hd 600 series like the 530, 520 with Skylake.

I have a Razor Blade Stealth. It's a great machine. I got it to hack up to a point but stalled on the ACPI stuff (got some battery stuff working, but lots more to do for native power management, etc). The main down side is the I2C trackpad. The drivers for it make it miserable to use. I end up using the touch screen instead. I really hope this gets some big developer attention soon. Anyway I would love to continue working on this with other Stealth owners, so drop me a line if you have one and we can work more of this stuff out. Its a great machine, if the trackpad and power management works it will be better for me than the new MBP. The wifi swap was easy.
g\

I got 7700K and Asus TUF Z270-Mark 1 working using FakeCPUID 0x0506e3. Everything seems to be working including Speedstep and sleep. The only thing that I still can't get to work is the 2nd Nic port (Intel 219V), IntelMausiEthernet.kext doesn't seems to work with it. Oh, and it loses internet connection on Intel 211 (using AppleIGB.kext) after it wakes up from sleep. I have to turn it off and on again to get it to work again, no need to reboot.

Update:
Intel 219V is finally recognized and working properly with IntelMausiEthernet.kext after the latest bios update(0701). Intel 211 still loses connection after system wakes up from sleep but Intel 219V seems to maintain connection just fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back