Motherboard
Asus H110M-CS
CPU
i3-7100
Graphics
Intel HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
After sometime trying, I was able to boot and install macOS Catalina on my VGA-only motherboard adding the boot-arg `-igfxvesa`, which disable Intel Graphics Acceleration, leading me to poor performance and only 7MB of VRAM available. I've tried A LOT of guides to fix this, still no results. So my last move is to ask for some help directly here. The most close to my situation that I found is this post:
Ive tried the EFI's but didn't work anyway.
My specs are a i3-7100, ASUS H110M-CS motherboard, 8GB and 120GB SSD. My BIOS is set to 64MB of DVTM to integrated graphics. Here are my EFI. If need anything more just let me know, any insight is appreciated.

P.S.:Sorry for any English error, I am from Brazil!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 355
Last edited:
You are using -igfxvesa boot argument in your config.plist. This will force the IGPU to use VESA Mode, i.e. no acceleration of the Intel graphics and limited screen resolutions.

Try removing this boot argument from your config.plist and see what difference it makes.

You might also want to go back over the rest of your config.plist and check it against the OC guide for a Kaby Lake system. As you have a number of other errors and unselected options that are standard fare for a system like yours.

Maybe use ocvalidate tool, which is part of the 0.7.3 OC download, to check your config.plist for errors.

You are using -igfxvesa boot argument in your config.plist. This will force the IGPU to use VESA Mode, i.e. no acceleration of the Intel graphics and limited screen resolutions.

Try removing this boot argument from your config.plist and see what difference it makes.
If I remove this boot argument I just get a black screen after the apple logo appears.
Maybe use ocvalidate tool, which is part of the 0.7.3 OC download, to check your config.plist for errors.
Did it, says my plist is ok.

Add the igfxagdc=0 boot arg and try rebooting.
It will solve the black screen issue of Intel HD 630.

Add the igfxagdc=0 boot arg and try rebooting.
It will solve the black screen issue of Intel HD 630.
@lshoon628 seems like your config it's pretty much like mine. Could you upload your EFI folder for me to test?

Please see my GitHub repository below.

But, you need to modify the values of the framebuffer-stolenmem and framebuffer-fbmem properties or set DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory to 128MB or more in BIOS settings.
Because I increased the capacity of StolenMem and FBMem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back