Contribute
Register

Kaby lake HD 630 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on Kaby Lake (Intel NUC) with a Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 (Intel i7) and running OSX 10.12.6 Beta (That has Kaby Lake support) where /S/L/E includes *KBL* drivers.

System profile shows 650 graphics but not any software that displays what driver I'm using, i.e. Open GL Extension Viewer or GeekBench

Added the new IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and have tried it with the -igfxbeta, close, but no cigar...

Anyone tried the above on 10.12.6 and with a 650, not 630?

I've dared to update to 10.12.6 and my 4k display doesn't work...
in case I remove fake IntelGFX it hangs at later stage. with display port nothing changed (i.e. monitor just turns off, with HDMI I have new message on the monitor: Input timing is not supported, choose 3840x2160, 30 HZ or very similar)

The bad thing that the old configuration loads only in non 4K mode... so I really don't know how to rollback well.
New IntelGraphicsFixup didn't help.

Update: I was able to launch everything via Display Port (formerly I was able to use only HDMI) at 60Hz in 4K mode with the following settings:

SMBIOS: iMac18,1 (!!! It's important and this what I missed... it doesn't work for me with iMac18,2 or 3). I used updated Clover Configurator
new IntelGraphicsFixup (I don't know if it is important but I have it, just it by itself doesn't help)
ig-platform-id: 59120000
No any other UI-related patches. on ACPI table I have IntelGFX checkbox set
My config.plist is attached if it is useful for somebody.

P.S. system works observable faster in comparison to fake SkyLake CPU id and IntelGFX ids, so now I'm glad that I've updated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.9 KB · Views: 344
SMBIOS: iMac18,1 (!!! It's important and this what I missed... it doesn't work for me with iMac18,2 or 3).

When looking at Wikipedia, they don't show an iMac18,1 on their iMac page. Did Apple ever release an 18,1? Is it safe to use with iCloud/iMessage/etc?

Source: iMac (Intel-based) - Wikipedia

I've dared to update to 10.12.6 and my 4k display doesn't work...
in case I remove fake IntelGFX it hangs at later stage. with display port nothing changed (i.e. monitor just turns off, with HDMI I have new message on the monitor: Input timing is not supported, choose 3840x2160, 30 HZ or very similar)

The bad thing that the old configuration loads only in non 4K mode... so I really don't know how to rollback well.
New IntelGraphicsFixup didn't help.
Update: I was able to launch everything via Display Port (formerly I was able to use only HDMI) at 60Hz in 4K mode with the following settings:

SMBIOS: iMac18,1 (!!! It's important and this what I missed... it doesn't work for me with iMac18,2 or 3). I used updated Clover Configurator
new IntelGraphicsFixup (I don't know if it is important but I have it, just it by itself doesn't help)
ig-platform-id: 59120000
No any other UI-related patches. on ACPI table I have IntelGFX checkbox set
My config.plist is attached if it is useful for somebody.

P.S. system works observable faster in comparison to fake SkyLake CPU id and IntelGFX ids, so now I'm glad that I've updated.

New KBL specific framebuffer patches required for 4k support over HDMI (and HDMI audio).
I will update my guide later (now that 10.12.6 has native KBL).

SMBIOS: iMac18,1 (!!! It's important and this what I missed... it doesn't work for me with iMac18,2 or 3).

Yes now I'm also running 650, thanks for that !!!! I've used 18,3 (As I have an i7 Kaby Laky) but changing to 18,1 worked for me :)))

However most/some games does not work well, starting with black screen, extremely slow etc. Did work in "emulated" HD 540. Not sure if they use metal.

Running GeekBench in OpenCL I'm failing at the SFFT test
Running Metal I'm failing at both SFFT and Face Detection (That runs for 5 minutes before times out)

Heaven/Valley runs fine.

Anyone else experiencing the same? (i.e. not having a 2th graphics card)

i have my hd 630 working via clover r4220 and boot arg -disablegfxfirmware with platform id 0x59120000 in high sierra

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 9.23.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 9.23.27 AM.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 398
Hello,
I am running High Sierra with Pentium G4600 (Intel HD 630) on MSI B250I.
I have tried the FakeID 0x59128086 and ig-platform id 0X59120000 but I was getting the gIOScreenLockState 3.
I have tried everything listed above as well.

I changed to a FakeID of 0x19168086 and ig-platform of 0x19160000 and is booting using this kext:
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, Shiki.kext

and a FakeCPUID 0x0306A0 for the Pentium processor.
OpenGL seams working but my dock bar is not transparent yet.

Any help?

Thanks,
Andrea

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 12.26.43.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 12.26.43.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 252
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 14.13.00.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 14.13.00.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 230
  • config.plist
    10.3 KB · Views: 239
@andreamike, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back