CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
gtx 1070FE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

this is my first post here but been using this website for some time.

I had a perfectly running skylake build but for some reasons had to sell that system.

Now I bought

intel 7700K

MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon

GTX 1070 founders Edition.

Corsair vengeance led 3000mhz 16GB(2x8GB)

Asus 4k monitor

I can cop with graphics. can use intel 620/630 or can also buy rx460 or older(compatible)

I am trying to install the Sierra on this system but getting stuck on the start up I can understand its newly released hardware and will take some time to get better/perfect for everyone.

I had sierra prebuild USB drive which I used on my skylake system that system was asus z170 maximus viii hero, intel 6700k and gigabyte g1 gaming 970 graphics.

when I setting the bios as per following conversation:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-msi-z170a-tomahawk-i5-6600k-gtx-970.187255/

I am even unable to start my installation process.

attached is the picture of my first error.

please help if you can thanks in advance.

IMG_0128.JPG

Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 on your config.plist.

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
       <key>BooterConfig</key>
       <string>0x28</string>
       <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
       <string>0x67</string>
    </dict>

After adding above entry, try booting with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi & OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (do not add both drivers at the same time)

If above drivers are still making same issue, then boot with attached OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver.

Attachments

• OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 136
Hi,

this is my first post here but been using this website for some time.

I had a perfectly running skylake build but for some reasons had to sell that system.

Now I bought

intel 7700K

MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon

GTX 1070 founders Edition.

Corsair vengeance led 3000mhz 16GB(2x8GB)

Asus 4k monitor

I can cop with graphics. can use intel 620/630 or can also buy rx460 or older(compatible)

I am trying to install the Sierra on this system but getting stuck on the start up I can understand its newly released hardware and will take some time to get better/perfect for everyone.

I had sierra prebuild USB drive which I used on my skylake system that system was asus z170 maximus viii hero, intel 6700k and gigabyte g1 gaming 970 graphics.

when I setting the bios as per following conversation:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-msi-z170a-tomahawk-i5-6600k-gtx-970.187255/

I am even unable to start my installation process.

attached is the picture of my first error.

please help if you can thanks in advance.

View attachment 229728

Did you use FakeCPUID?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/kaby-lake-hd620-working.209598/

Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 on your config.plist.

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
       <key>BooterConfig</key>
       <string>0x28</string>
       <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
       <string>0x67</string>
    </dict>

After adding above entry, try booting with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi & OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (do not add both drivers at the same time)

If above drivers are still making same issue, then boot with attached OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver.

thank you very much, haven't tried it yet but will try in tomorrow after getting macbook back to edit the config.plist.

What 'file' are you referring to?
Jithin.C.V gave me a file in his comment.

for you I copied fakecpuid.kext into my clover's kexts folder and edited the config.plist file(suggested by iwanderer to edit cpu id to 0x0506e3) as well but it still not working at all.

Jithin.C.V gave me a file in his comment.

for you I copied fakecpuid.kext into my clover's kexts folder and edited the config.plist file(suggested by iwanderer to edit cpu id to 0x0506e3) as well but it still not working at all.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Thank you very much for your reply. From the following conversation:-
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/kaby-lake-hd620-working.209598/page-5#post-1413624

iWanderer shared his clover folder I simply copied and pasted his config.plist, kexts(other folder ones only) and drivers64UEFI to my usb and its installing.

after 10 mins as i am on Sierra desktop time to compare above files to see what i was doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back