Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I run the update, restart, but it still shows 10.8.5 installed. Done it numerous times. It just won't take. Happen to anyone else. Once got an error that said, "The software is not compatible with your system

I have tried installing from the downloaded version and through the app store.

I run the update, restart, but it still shows 10.8.5 installed. Done it numerous times. It just won't take. Happen to anyone else. Once got an error that said, "The software is not compatible with your system

I have tried installing from the downloaded version and through the app store.

What version osx are you trying to update and have you read the Guides on how to, e.g creating a usb with Unibeast once Maverick is in your app folder - The golden rule is READ, READ, and then some. Its all here, in the 'Gudes' and the 'How To', then if you are still stuck, others will give you advice - Good Luck.

What version osx are you trying to update and have you read the Guides on how to, e.g creating a usb with Unibeast once Maverick is in your app folder - The golden rule is READ, READ, and then some. Its all here, in the 'Gudes' and the 'How To', then if you are still stuck, others will give you advice - Good Luck.

10.8.5 it says that In my post.

Yes he is. I was reading those who updated from 9.0 to 9.1 and got confused.

Now I run into another problem. I've partitioned a 32 GB thumb drive to Master Boot Record, Mac OS X Extended Journaled. When I try to install Mavericks Unibeast 3.x it only tries to install a short time before telling me it failed the installation. I then tried to install the Lion and Mountain Lion Unibeasts instead and both install fine.

It seemed the Unibeast for Mavericks is corrupted. So to check further I tried to install on two other Mac computers to different thumb drives who's integrity is good. Mavericks Unibeast failed all the installs.

Yes he is. I was reading those who updated from 9.0 to 9.1 and got confused.

Now I run into another problem. I've partitioned a 32 GB thumb drive to Master Boot Record, Mac OS X Extended Journaled. When I try to install Mavericks Unibeast 3.x it only tries to install a short time before telling me it failed the installation. I then tried to install the Lion and Mountain Lion Unibeasts instead and both install fine.

It seemed the Unibeast for Mavericks is corrupted. So to check further I tried to install on two other Mac computers to different thumb drives who's integrity is good. Mavericks Unibeast failed all the installs.

I think your problem is, when you made the Unibeast usb, you have to choose 'App Store Purchase' or (Download) out of the 3 or 4 choices given, can't quite remember the exact wording, if you don't it will result in failure. Try making the UniBeast thumb drive again and choose 'App Store Purchase' to complete the build on the usb drive - This part is very important, the process will take 10 to 15 minutes to build, if it takes only a few seconds its a failure. Good Luck.

I think your problem is, when you made the Unibeast usb, you have to choose 'App Store Purchase' or (Download) out of the 3 or 4 choices given, can't quite remember the exact wording, if you don't it will result in failure. Try making the UniBeast thumb drive again and choose 'App Store Purchase' to complete the build on the usb drive - This part is very important, the process will take 10 to 15 minutes to build, if it takes only a few seconds its a failure. Good Luck.
Thanks, I don't know if I saw the option. Have you tried creating with the current download 3.1?

im not at my computer right now but from the looks of the guide there is no other option that to choose App Store purchase.

i'll check in the A.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back