Graphics
R9 280x
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody how are you doing.
I recently built a hackintosh using the dx58so mobo and core i7 920 processor.
everything worked fine for a while including login in.
about a month later I upgraded to two SSD's in raid 0 config and everything worked fine until I try to upgrade to Mavericks into 10.9.3.
ever since, I tried multiple times to install Mavericks back on my normal HDD but every time I tried it just freezes up right after the multi beast logo leaving just a white screen.
I have tried to use earlier versions of multi beast and Chimera as well as creating a new bootable thumb drive and unplugging everything else from the system itself (including other HUD's or SSDs and USBs :banghead:)
sorry this is sounds so urgent but this is my main computer and without this I am lost.:cry:
Thanks for everyone in advance

A few things I forgot to mention.
this problem happens only after I installe the kext files, chimera and multi beast.
I even tried to log back in without installing Climara or any boot loader, even then it shows the Multibeast logo and get stuck right after showing just a white screen.
even if I try to log through my unitibeast Drive it shows the same logo and then get stuck again :banghead::banghead::banghead:.
One thing I didn't notice that's different from the first time that I have installed osx is when I try to log into my hard drive after installed everything it shows a loading bar right underneath the Mavericks logo (will upload a picture)

hey I'm sorry no one has helped you with your post yet a lot of people have been having the sam,e issue but it seems like tonymacx86 could care less about its people or helping then no one has even looked at our posts or made an attempt to help us from now on I'm probably going to just go to customac website because tonymacx86 seems to be useless. i i use to log this site now it seems like its more concerned with itself.

hey I'm sorry no one has helped you with your post yet a lot of people have been having the sam,e issue but it seems like tonymacx86 could care less about its people or helping then no one has even looked at our posts or made an attempt to help us from now on I'm probably going to just go to customac website because tonymacx86 seems to be useless. i i use to log this site now it seems like its more concerned with itself.

Dude, it's not that we don't care. In my case I, and everyone else I'm sure, decides on who to respond to based on certain criteria. For me, if you can't be bothered to read the rules and at the very least tell us what your hardware config is I'm probably not going to respond.

In this particular case, the GENERAL question has been asked a zillion times. In this case the OP could have tried to tell us the exact Multibeast config he used but he hasn't so I'm not going to try and help. Does that mean I don't CARE? No, I wish him good luck. Perhaps he might read some more and look over the MYRIAD of posts with the exact same question and try to glean some info from them.

It's very hard to diagnose problems if you're not right there in front of the computer.

Multibeast does allow you to save your build config so that if you have to ask for help we can know at least the kext files that have been installed. DSDT or DSDT free?

The world doesn't owe you any favors. Ask intelligent questions and you'll generally get answers. I'm not saying the OP isn't intelligent but I am saying you're welcome to solicit any other site if that is the way you feel.

To add to what clipper99 said, this is a USER supported forum. If the admins post something then great. Most of the info is found in reading posts from others not in complaining that you aren't getting free help.

Also, if you noticed, the OP is using very non-standard hardware and also using a RAID. Both of these will limit the number of replies you get because few people have those options.

As far as his problems go,
1) the "White/Grey/Gray" screen issue is a common one with NO common answer. Many things could cause it, posting more info would help - like the boot log.

2) If this were my work machine I never would update the OS without a good working and bootable backup.

To accuse the admins of not caring is horribly self-centered and arrogant. Get lost.

Okay so first of all I did not want this to escalate to this point.
I'm not saying anybody owes me anything or works for me, all I wanted is some help from people that are more involved in this than I am.
On top of that I'm really thankful for everyone in the site even if they can't help with this problem.

So the thing is I over already got this rig to completely work in the past using this guide but for some reason it doesn't work anymore http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...untain-lion-intel-dx58so-fully-working-4.html
I don't mind not using the raid zero config if that means that this computer will work.
I also tried using this:
ALC 889 without DSDT
FakeSMC
NullCPU
Hnac Ethernet
Apple RTC Patch
Chimera 2.2.1
Basic Boot Options
Graphics Enabler = YES
Mac Pro 5,1 definition
tonymacx86 black theme

But still no cigar
Anyways and for trying to help, one more thing I wanted to say is if you got any information could you please dumb it down for me because I'm very new to this:)

My response was not directed at you.

Okay, so you understand I asked the most general question out there and that's the reason no one's answering.
Could you at least tell me what information do you need so you could help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back