Contribute
Register

Just updated by BIOS to UEFI from Award, wont boot. Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Still using Chimera based Multibeast on OS X 10.10.5.

Wanted to update to 10.11.5 and of switch to Clover based Multibeast. Step 1 was to update to UEFI...

I loaded default values and set to ACHI. Thats all ive done so far. When i boot it says to inset boot media and press key to continue.

Please halp.

i had the same issue where the same prob suddenly happened. I was advised to reflash the uefi and it worked. I think it also came about because you no longer have a bootloader? Hopefully a someone with better knowledge can chime in for you

After updating to UEFI BIOS, I guess the old Chimera bootloader stopped working, even though I tried using both UEFI and Legacy boot modes in the UEFI BIOS.

Ended up booting using Unibeast, updating to 10.11.5 and ran Clover based Multibeast. All is working again as it should.... less USB 3.0, but thats an issue for another day and thread.

I don't think the UEFI bios is a must for some mobos...

I'm on Z68x-UD4 with an Award F8 bios...
I was on 10.8.4, and wanted to try 10.11.5, thought about flashing my bios to UEFI, but decided to not to...
I'm now using Clover EFI bootloader for 10.11.5, again with an F8 Award bios. It works. Don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back