2 X Gigabyte GTX 4GB 760s
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Bitfenix mATX Prodigy Haswell Hackintosh

I'll be building a hackintosh around the soon to be released Bitfenix Prodigy M mATX case. So far here's the parts list. I haven't seen a post or build like this, especially with NGFF M.2 SSD so I figured I'd put it out there and update it for anyone looking to do the same setup. This will be a dual boot office computer for light music, video, and photo editing on OSX, but a capable gaming computer for Windows. Haswell support is not online for OSX yet and I'm waiting for the case to be released before I can build. I'll also include an install guide and any error codes I may receive with solutions to have a 100% working build. Thanks!

PARTS:

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy M mATX

MOTHERBOARD: Asus Maximus VI Gene

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K

MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB

GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti

PSU: Corsair TX650M

CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i

SSD: ADATA AXNP280E or SX2000 SSD (LSI-SandForce SF-8639 controller) and Samsung 840 Pro 128GB

I would say that your build would look good so far. This thread should be in the Buying Advice page but since haswell isn't officially supported by osx i think this can slide. The comments i want to make is that first i would recommend 16 gb of ram. I for one used 8 gb minimum for when i am even just doing simple stuff and back when i was only running 8 in this machine i had no head room for other stuff. osx is a ram hog plain and simple. Now that i have 16 i can boot up a vm or whatever i am doing without worrying about my computer coming to a screeching halt. And for the ssd make sure that is a Samsung 840 Pro. The non pros are just slower chips. As for the raid you cannot use the hardware raid that is on the motherboard itself so either you are going to need to set that up as software raid in osx yourself or buy a compatible hardware raid card.

Attachments

• bitfenix-7s.jpg
    bitfenix-7s.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 5,574
  • Asus.jpg
    Asus.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 6,099
Hey man, keep us posted on your build here. I'm dying to build a shiny new hackintosh and I'd love to use this case. The problem is I'm too chicken to be a pioneer. Being so new, there's not a lot of information on the new m-atx version and how it all comes together.

My issue with the micro ITX version was the fact that you had to choose between putting in a GPU or a WiFi card. The m-ATX would solve the problem but I wonder about airflow and the like. It's a little more of a chaotic layout. Post pics!

Hey man, keep us posted on your build here. I'm dying to build a shiny new hackintosh and I'd love to use this case. The problem is I'm too chicken to be a pioneer. Being so new, there's not a lot of information on the new m-atx version and how it all comes together.

My issue with the micro ITX version was the fact that you had to choose between putting in a GPU or a WiFi card. The m-ATX would solve the problem but I wonder about airflow and the like. It's a little more of a chaotic layout. Post pics!

I ended up going with an ATX for SLI and expandability reasons. I wanted to have some more options so I decided to go with corsair C70 and I can't give enough praise. The Prodigy-m is neat, but when I looked at the dimensions, it's got a footprint close to an ATX case. That's why a lot of people modded the original prodigy to fit a m-atx. It's big for a itx and small for a m-atx. I built my c70 for about the same price as what I figured the m-atx build would be. I plan on listing the C70 build, but seeing as this is a hackintosh site I was going to wait until had OSX loaded. It's a haswell so I'm still waiting. Bitfenix was really smart with this new layout and made some neat decisions to optimize airflow and space. Don't be scared to be a pioneer with this case, a lot of people are going to build with this thing so you will have support. Just do your research with the parts and all will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back