Contribute
Register

Just got and installed my Apple WiFi/Bluetooth card. WiFi works great, Bluetooth not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
GeForce GTS 250 1024 MB
Hi,

Has anyone had a similar problem? I was using a USB Bluetooth dongle which worked okay (sometimes trackpad disconnects). Today I installed the new BCM94360CD/BCM94331CD card, pulled the BT dongle, and restarted. Now I have the "unavailable" bluetooth icon and the only way to get bluetooth back is to use my old USB dongle.

So I improved my WiFi, but not my Bluetooth. I'm okay with that if it has to be that way but it would be nice to be able to use the new improved BT.

The Fenvi FV-919 (BCM94360CD) is advertised as fully working on a hackintosh. That's the one I ordered recently on eBay, but it hasn't been delivered yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-BC...389718?hash=item2cb3759996:g:ySAAAOSw5cNYGco7

Features:
Supports both 2.4 & 5.0 GHz dual-band,the connection speed will reach to 1300Mps under latest AC router
Support Windows7/8/8.1/10/Linux/Mac
Bluetooth 4.0
Support PC Hackintosh
Supports Apple bluetooth keyboard in BIOS/UEFI or Bootloader
NO spare keyboard needed to be able to get to BIOS/UEFI or in Bootloader
Native Airdrop Support
Native Handoff Support for OS X Yosemite 10.10
Support Apple Bluetooth Keyboard, Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad

I ordered this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261969365523

Unfortunately it doesn't list a lot of features, but it's specified as being Broadcom BCM94331CD 802.11a/b/g WiFi card + Bluetooth 4.0 for Apple A1418 A1419.

As I understand it, some cards will work with some Apple hardware but not with a hackintosh build. The card that seems to work well with a hackintosh (wifi and bluetooth) is the Fenvi FV-T919. They come up from time on Amazon but are found on eBay for a much lower price. It may take a month for delivery from China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back