Contribute
Register

Just Fab, Inc device enrollment

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question that remains for the OP. What did you use to create your USB installer ?
I used UniBeast to create the installer. I formatted the USB just as always and during the installation (near the end of setup) I had a screen just after the network setup screen ask if I wanted "Just Fab, Inc." to remotely setup my computer! I'd never seen anything like that before. I will run a search on my system and see if I can find "Just Fab" or "JustFab" anywhere on my computer. Oh and I created the installer on my MacBook Pro. I guess I should check it to.

Okay, I could not find anything when I searched the computer. But I inspected the contents of the USB drive that I used to install Catalina and noticed in the EFI partition (a file inside clover that was a duplicate of one of the other files) except for additional text in asian language symbols. I'd never seen a file like this in the Clover file before, so I deleted this file. Since this deletion, I have not had any further notifications regarding Just Fab, Inc. NOTE: I have not as yet used Multibeast on Catalina drive. I am currently using the install USB to boot Catalina. I'm trying to understand how to write to the partition. Everything else went fine with this installation, it was trial and error to get things right. I didn't give up and I am now happy with the result.

Okay, I could not find anything when I searched the computer. But I inspected the contents of the USB drive that I used to install Catalina and noticed in the EFI partition (a file inside clover that was a duplicate of one of the other files) except for additional text in asian language symbols. I'd never seen a file like this in the Clover file before, so I deleted this file. Since this deletion, I have not had any further notifications regarding Just Fab, Inc. NOTE: I have not as yet used Multibeast on Catalina drive. I am currently using the install USB to boot Catalina. I'm trying to understand how to write to the partition. Everything else went fine with this installation, it was trial and error to get things right. I didn't give up and I am now happy with the result.

Would you please attach the EFI with the suspect file? Thanks.

okay, I spoke to soon. The Just Fab, Inc., notification is back again. I'm at a loss as to know what to do. I just want it to go away. Any suggestions? pastrychef, I deleted the file I thought was responsible in my usb installer. I will upload the EFI for you and others to inspect. okay, Shouldn't I just be able to upload the entire EFI file? Having trouble doing that. Thanks to trs96 I now have uploaded the EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Shouldn't I just be able to upload the entire EFI file? Having trouble doing that.
Need to zip it up (compress) it first before attaching.

@rhubbar7,

You could try downloading and running the free version of Malwarebytes for MacOS :-

Its about the best malware scanner there is for MacOS .. if it finds something take a screen shot of it.

Cheers
Jay

@rhubbar7,

You could try downloading and running the free version of Malwarebytes for MacOS :-

Its about the best malware scanner there is for MacOS .. if it finds something take a screen shot of it.

Cheers
Jay

Nothing found
Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 7.18.24 AM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back