Contribute
Register

Just built my first Hackintosh, but having a few graphics issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built my first Hackintosh and installed Sierra successfully.

I've ran into a few issues though. At the bottom I break down my computers hardware.

1) After the computer goes to sleep, there's no way to wake it up.

To solve this, I've set my computer to never go to sleep, but I'm wondering why this happens and if there's a fix?

2) On the top left of the screen, right above the file menu, there is this rectangular bar which continually flashes.

black_bar.png

This flashes whenever I move a window. I made sure my graphics was set to Intel HD Graphics 530, which I believe is correct. So I'm not sure why this is happening.

3) I have 7 config.plist files - which one do I modify?

I believe because I kept on playing around with my MultiBeast settings, I ended up getting over 7 config.plist files. I'm not sure which one to modify. How can I delete all but the one I need?

4) There are 12 boot options... why?

I'm not sure which one to select:

Is it because I kept on using MultiBeast after the initial setup to fix my graphics issues above?

INTEL® CORE I5-6500
Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 Red LED ATX Gaming Case
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 450MBPS Dual-Band Wireless
Corsair CS550M CS Modular 80 Plus Gold Certified 550WATT 12V Power Supply Unit
Samsung 850 EVO Series MZ-75E250B/AM 250GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD
Crucial 16GB Kit 2x8GB DDR4-2133 UDIMM
GIGABYTE Z170-HD3 (REV. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6GB/S USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

of course you have graphic issues. below this thread there is another one that sais you have a geforce 960...
Intel HD Graphics isn't even close to nvidia drivers. Why don't you download nvidia drivers and next boot use flag nvda_drv=1 ?
your graphic card should work like a charm even if you use 680 geforce drivers. all geforce have same chipset, nvidia. for example i use 680 and my graphic card is 660.
your waking up is a motherboard issue. linux and os x auto set waking from usb on auto ON. so if they don't work, propably you have to setup clover to identify better your motherboard. A more expert should advice you on that , so post full details of the motherboard and of course double check that in bios you have wake from usb ON.
Boot option have to manually be deleted. Again i have no knowledge over uefi motherboards... i have a very old pc :p
at least at the graphic problem i can help. if you need help finding driver tell me.

of course you have graphic issues. below this thread there is another one that sais you have a geforce 960...
Intel HD Graphics isn't even close to nvidia drivers. Why don't you download nvidia drivers and next boot use flag nvda_drv=1 ?
your graphic card should work like a charm even if you use 680 geforce drivers. all geforce have same chipset, nvidia. for example i use 680 and my graphic card is 660.
your waking up is a motherboard issue. linux and os x auto set waking from usb on auto ON. so if they don't work, propably you have to setup clover to identify better your motherboard. A more expert should advice you on that , so post full details of the motherboard and of course double check that in bios you have wake from usb ON.
Boot option have to manually be deleted. Again i have no knowledge over uefi motherboards... i have a very old pc :p
at least at the graphic problem i can help. if you need help finding driver tell me.

Thank you for your prompt response!

How do you know I have a geforce 960 - and if I do, where can I see this?

very wrong. you are right. i apologise...... i'm new and i saw same avatar with another guy right below your thread and confused me. don't mind what i said earlier , i only tried to help but... i hope i didn't do it worse. Not happening again.

very wrong. you are right. i apologise...... i'm new and i saw same avatar with another guy right below your thread and confused me. don't mind what i said earlier , i only tried to help but... i hope i didn't do it worse. Not happening again.

Don't apologize, I appreciate your help anyways.

Hopefully someone here can also help me solve these issues.

1) After the computer goes to sleep, there's no way to wake it up.
It's a known issue with the integrated Intel HD Graphics 530.
Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake
2) On the top left of the screen, right above the file menu, there is this rectangular bar which continually flashes.
Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix
3) I have 7 config.plist files - which one do I modify?
/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist on your EFI partition
4) There are 12 boot options... why?
Check this topic to get rid of the boot entries:
[GUIDE] Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems

According to this topic upgrading your BIOS to F20 will fix flooding the BIOS with excessive boot options:
PSA: Gigabyte F20B BIOS changes

Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist on your EFI partition

Check this topic to get rid of the boot entries:
[GUIDE] Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems

According to this topic upgrading your BIOS to F20 will fix flooding the BIOS with excessive boot options:
PSA: Gigabyte F20B BIOS changes
strange, as my laptop with hd530 sleeps and wakes ok unless i am missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back