Contribute
Register

Just about to have a go at Hackintoshing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370 HD3
CPU
i3 8100
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I just want some preliminary advice just before launching myself into building a Hackintosh.

I read extensively about how to go about it, the USB Installer is ready.... just waiting for my i3 7100 to arrive from Amazon. Unfortunately I went foe a Pentium G4600 first. Great processor for an unbeatable price but too finicky to get a working Hack as far as I read.

So the rest of my stuff is an Asus Prime B250M-K board with 8Gb RAM, a Samsung 970 EVO NVMe and a Samsung 860 EVO SSD. Hope the NVMe works??? If not I can install on the SSD or a third, classic Harddrive.

On the graphic side I have an Nvidia GeForce 1050. Wifi and Bluetooth will be supplied by an ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS.... long name but it seems to be 100% working in a Hackintosh.

Anyone have a tip or trick to help me along?

As I understand, the bog standard installer USB should take care of this stuff.... hopefully

I'm looking for a smooth experience... yes I'm a dreamer!

Hi all,

I just want some preliminary advice just before launching myself into building a Hackintosh.

I read extensively about how to go about it, the USB Installer is ready.... just waiting for my i3 7100 to arrive from Amazon. Unfortunately I went foe a Pentium G4600 first. Great processor for an unbeatable price but too finicky to get a working Hack as far as I read.

So the rest of my stuff is an Asus Prime B250M-K board with 8Gb RAM, a Samsung 970 EVO NVMe and a Samsung 860 EVO SSD. Hope the NVMe works??? If not I can install on the SSD or a third, classic Harddrive.

On the graphic side I have an Nvidia GeForce 1050. Wifi and Bluetooth will be supplied by an ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS.... long name but it seems to be 100% working in a Hackintosh.

Anyone have a tip or trick to help me along?

As I understand, the bog standard installer USB should take care of this stuff.... hopefully

I'm looking for a smooth experience... yes I'm a dreamer!

Yes, your build with the i3 7100 / GTX 1050 / Samsung 970 EVO should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back