Graphics
HD4600 and GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am trying to use a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 with my Hackintosh, but having some issues. Feels like the cursor is very inconsistent and sometimes moves and jumps on it's own. Do you think this is the mouse not being compatible with my hackintosh. I was reading a similar post and someone suggested the below advice.

The problem is related to the kext "AppleUpstreamUserClient.kxt" I only found this out after a LOT of Googling.

The trick is to rename the kext and repair permissions and voila, no more skipping mouse.

Should I try this. What are some of the wireless or bluetooth mouse's that people are having luck with. I am using an apple bluetooth keyboard and that works fine. I have the Targus Bluetooth adapter. Thanks for any advice

It does not look like the Microsoft wireless 3500 mouse is compatible with Mac. I am now trying the Logitech M305 which looks like it supports Mac. I will see how that goes.

Just FYI: I tried this suggested solution and it had no effect on my jumpy mouse. I use a wired Apple Mouse. My mouse will sometimes jump to a different part of the screen, especially around the time that a web page is loading contents. In fact, while editing this message in this javascript WSIWG, it jumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back