Contribute
Register

Jumped from 10.12.6 to 10.13.4 (Success!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A bit scary since I have an all-SSD Hackintosh and didn't want the APFS file system, plus I had tried High Sierra before this, and somehow got APFS anyway, and had to downgrade. But this time it worked: I am on 10.13.4, build 17E199, with the HFS+ file system, and running nVidia Web Driver 387.10.10.10.30.106. RehabMan's Terminal command worked for me this time. I used Unibeast version 8.3.2 (which is what you get if you download "8.3.1" now) and Multibeast 10.2.0. I did need to re-install Realtek ALC1150 even after the Multibeast post-install procedure because it didn't "take" the first time, but other than that everything seems copacetic. The "Heaven" and "Valley" graphics benchmarks return 51.3 fps and 49.1 fps respectively using 1920x1080 resolution and "Ultra" quality, and all the apps I have tried work fine. Reply if you have questions.

Hi, I have sierra and thinking about upgrade to high sierra as installing the 002 security patch breaks the boot files (can only boot with -x, so no EFI partition, so no possible to reinstall boot files)

I just have to create a new bootable usb and install as usual?

I have a Z87 mobo. thanks.

Sounds right to me. You could make a new Unibeast version 8.3.2 installer flash drive from this forum and also download Multibeast v 10.2.0 to be used after you install High Sierra. You can put Multibeast.app on the flash drive, and then after the Apple installer is finished, install the necessary stuff from Multibeast to your hard disk.

i cant upgrade to 10.13.5 from 10.13. Any help??? Thanks.

i cant upgrade to 10.13.5 from 10.13. Any help??? Thanks.

Details? SSD or HDD? What method did you use to try to upgrade? Where does the upgrade fail, and what message if any do you see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back