Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Jpgs won't open in Preview Mojave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

So it seems from your second screengrab in post #47 that you had/have two EFI partitions - one on the "Mojave" drive and one on the "Zu" drive ?

Now you have disconnected the "other" drive and Mojave boots correctly, have you tried again with Lilu and NoVPAJpeg.kext ? If so does Preview of JPEGs work yet? That was your original problem.

I don't know if the two partitions are both from the OS drive, or one from the OS drive and one from the other drive. I will try to disconnect again the other drive and see how many EFI partitions Efi Mounter sees.

I have tried with the other drive removed and still I couldn't open jpegs :(

I don't know if the two partitions are both from the OS drive, or one from the OS drive and one from the other drive. I will try to disconnect again the other drive and see how many EFI partitions Efi Mounter sees.

I have tried with the other drive removed and still I couldn't open jpegs :(

Okay.

All PCs are different and yours clearly has some basic specialities - disks, configuration, usage etc - that needs taking into account.

Issues around the Preview/Quicklook of Jpegs with Mojave is a well-known and solved problem.

This post by @vulgo concisely lists all the reliable, tested cures for the problem. We have tried to explain the NoVPAJpeg.kext method here but there are others to be used when this fails.

One extra setting you can try is to change how Clover treats kexts. See this setting in System Parameters:

kexts.png

Clover Configurator makes this edit pretty simple.

:)

Last edited:
Okay.

All PCs are different and yours clearly has some basic specialities - disks, configuration, usage etc - that needs taking into account.

Issues around the Preview/Quicklook of Jpegs with Mojave is a well-known and solved problem.

This post by @vulgo concisely lists all the reliable, tested cures for the problem. We have tried to explain the NoVPAJpeg.kext method here but there are others to be used when this fails.

One extra setting you can try is to change how Clover treats kexts. See this setting in System Parameters:

View attachment 417037

Clover Configurator makes this edit pretty simple.

:)

Interesting enough, it really worked, only after I made the modification in Clover Configurator! :O <3 It really works now, thank you to both of you, so, so much! :D

Hi,
It works for me ! Thanks a lot ! BUT ! On Github it says that this plugin is deprecated and we are supposed to use whatevergreen.kext. I have whatevergreen installed but it did not work to solve jpeg problem until I install NoVPAJpeg. Is it normal ?

I have whatevergreen installed but it did not work to solve jpeg problem until I install NoVPAJpeg. Is it normal ?

Yes. Simply because you didnt read the readme.
shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back