Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Jpgs won't open in Preview Mojave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Yes, I am writting from my computer, it boots alright. Maybe it helps.. before Mojave, I've had Sierra, updated Clover and then updated to Mojave with the method described here.
The config.plist that is in EFI/CLOVER is this one. What is missing from there? Can I add?

2) I deleted the *dSYM file.

What should I do next? Thanks! :D

Well as you can see:

1) it does NOT load into Clover Configurator.

2) There is NO SMBIOS present. So where is your Hack getting it's serial-number from? It must be the Clover-generated default. Take a look at it. Does it have the word "hack" in it?

3) You have no "Boot" section in there.

4) You have no "Kernel Kext and Patches".

Basically its not in a usual config.plist format and shouldn't work - except of course, it seems it does and you are booting fine and only have the JPEG preview problem. Pretty good going!

Only advice it seems appropriate to offer is to say: use MultiBeast to create a fully-populated config.plist. But I don't want to suggest that if it messes-up something else!

:crazy:

Well as you can see:

1) it does NOT load into Clover Configurator.

2) There is NO SMBIOS present. So where is your Hack getting it's serial-number from? It must be the Clover-generated default. Take a look at it. Does it have the word "hack" in it?

3) You have no "Boot" section in there.

4) You have no "Kernel Kext and Patches".

Basically its not in a usual config.plist format and shouldn't work - except of course, it seems it does and you are booting fine and only have the JPEG preview problem. Pretty good going!

Only advice it seems appropriate to offer is to say: use MultiBeast to create a fully-populated config.plist. But I don't want to suggest that if it messes-up something else!

:crazy:

The computer boots good, but when Clover shows up, I have to manually select to boot from the hdd, because the first options are something with preboot.
I've also had some issues with the ethernet and in order to fix it, I opened Multibest and installed only the ethernet kext.. could that be the issue why the config.plist is looking weird?

Me, as a photographer, I really need to fix the Preview, because I can only see .png and my camera shoots jpeg and raw files, which none of these two I can't preview :D

Any idea of what should I select in Multibest, to minimize the chances to brake anything? :D

The computer boots good, but when Clover shows up, I have to manually select to boot from the hdd, because the first options are something with preboot.
I've also had some issues with the ethernet and in order to fix it, I opened Multibest and installed only the ethernet kext.. could that be the issue why the config.plist is looking weird?

Me, as a photographer, I really need to fix the Preview, because I can only see .png and my camera shoots jpeg and raw files, which none of these two I can't preview :D

Any idea of what should I select in Multibest, to minimize the chances to brake anything? :D

Like I said - your config.plist as presented here, has not been configured.

You haven't confirmed if you have a proper serial-number or not.

We can't even see which system-definition you are using.

You need a full, proper install for anyone to be able to offer advice. There's nothing anyone can suggest you change because there's nothing there in the first place.

Advice would be as before. Go to MultiBeast and set the System Definition as iMac14,2.

This won't guarantee anything but it will give you a full SMBIOS - and us a starting point.

:)

There is no drivers at all, no clover - this will only give you a system definition of iMac 14,2 with a S/N.

If you prefer a manual way of achieving the same thing then it is covered in the iMessage guide:

Attachments

• GA-Z87-HD3.mb
    1.7 KB · Views: 66
Like I said - your config.plist as presented here, has not been configured.

You haven't confirmed if you have a proper serial-number or not.

We can't even see which system-definition you are using.

You need a full, proper install for anyone to be able to offer advice. There's nothing anyone can suggest you change because there's nothing there in the first place.

Advice would be as before. Go to MultiBeast and set the System Definition as iMac14,2.

This won't guarantee anything but it will give you a full SMBIOS - and us a starting point.

:)
There is no drivers at all, no clover - this will only give you a system definition of iMac 14,2 with a S/N.

If you prefer a manual way of achieving the same thing then it is covered in the iMessage guide:

Hey guys, thank you for having patience with me! :D

I have installed with MultiBeast the file Adrian B uploaded here (Uefi boot mode, iMac 14.2 and FakeSMC, restarted, everything still works very good and now the config.plist from EFI>Clover looks like this:
When I was looking before in "about this mac", yes, I had a SN and I still have one.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
<false/>
<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>SSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>DropOem</key>
<false/>
<key>Generate</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
<key>UseARTFrequency</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<false/>
<key>Inject</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<false/>
<key>NvidiaSingle</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<false/>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<false/>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelHaswellE</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>IM142.88Z.F000.B00.1902141634</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>iMac14,2</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>CXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
<key>Trust</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Last edited:

Except what was listed in the EFI folder at post #28 :thumbup:

Last edited:
I would't go putting your S/N. out on the Interweb. Please delete.

SN deleted. Do I need to install other stuff from MultiBeast too to make the config.plist look the way it should? I can say that audio works, usb 3.0 works, ethernet works, dedicated nvidia card works.

A UniBeast fresh install would likely solve many issues.
I was afraid of that.. Do you have the same mother board like me? Do you know all the drivers that should be checked in Multibeast for Mojave ? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back