Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Jpgs won't open in Preview Mojave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please quote me I am wrong. From what I have gathered, OS X uses both GPUs and I guess this is for their MacBook range more specifically, as it is an energy saving feature. Less GPU resource heavy apps (like opening a jpeg) utilize the iGPU, since they are less power hungry and then use the GPU for other graphic intensive apps. However, it won't use both at the same time. The NoVPAJpeg issue happens because there is no iGPU enabled to open it and the NoVPAJpeg.kext basically tells the OS to use the GPU instead. This doesn't occur in the Windows PC environment. Very basic, but I think its correct.

I've had the issue myself and both methods (enable iGPU in BIOS or NoVPAJpeg.kext) have worked and I haven't noticed any difference in performance. I went for enabling the iGPU in the end, any breathing space my GRX card can get the better. It's getting a proper smashing playing Modern Warfare :D

Last edited:
Just to share.
Worked for me on my Lenovo m700 MT.
=> iMac Pro 1,1 + Activate Integrated GPU

Flawless.

I placed the kext above in Library/Extensions and ran Kext Utility to repair permissions and fix kernel and IT WORKS! Thank you!!

Solved. Thanks to this post for share the NoVPAJpeg.kext. Thanks to this video for the process

Here you go boys, put in clover/kexts/other
I just did this (using EFI agent to mount my EFI partition), and upon my next boot up I immediately got this error message: "macOS can't repair the disk "1TB HDD"."

1611461444683.png

I have my OS and Apps on a 120 GB SSD, and my home folder and all my data on my 1TB HDD.

Is there anyway that putting this kext file onto my EFI partition (on my 120 GB SSD) could be affecting my 1TB HDD?? (doesn't seem like it but I've never seen there error before and it popped up on the very first reboot after installing this kext).

Yup! NoVPAJpeg.kext + Lilu.kext (installed using Kextbeast) worked a treat for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back