Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Jpgs won't open in Preview Mojave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z370 Mini ITX
CPU
i7-8086K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
I'm unable to open Jpgs/images in preview. It crashes every time. I can see the thumbnail in the downloads. Interestingly pngs (and PDFs etc) work as expected. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Other searches have this as being an issue 6 years ago. Thank you.

Last edited:
Well mine is solved! I googled more specifically for jpgs, and found that enabling the onboard graphics card resolved it. I did, and it fixed it for me. :) I hope it's as simple for you.

Haha, you were faster than me... Mine is solved as well. Installed the "NoVPAJpeg.kext.zip" and voilà. Thank you, thank you, thank you mattystonnie!

Interestingly, though that Kextbeast doesn't work for me (with them on the desktop). I have to manually install them in terminal so if any of you super smart people know why that is you have my deep appreciation!

Thanks again to everyone that responded in record time!!!!

Hmm The kext doesn't work for me. I'll have to return to enabling the onboard graphics card I guess. :)

[Edited] Never mind, Kext works just fine.. It had not stayed saved earlier. Thanks all! :)

Last edited:
Haha, you were faster than me... Mine is solved as well. Installed the "NoVPAJpeg.kext.zip" and voilà. Thank you, thank you, thank you mattystonnie!

Interestingly, though that Kextbeast doesn't work for me (with them on the desktop). I have to manually install them in terminal so if any of you super smart people know why that is you have my deep appreciation!

Thanks again to everyone that responded in record time!!!!

Or you can Drag & drop the kext to MacOS⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Extension
s⁩ . Screenshot 2018-11-11 at 18.00.49.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back