Graphics
2x XFX ATI 5870 with Crossfire Bridge
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, I am getting ready to build my first rig, and I am little confused about JMicron36xeSATA and JMicron36xSATA. I as I understand it, these two options are for the internal SATA ports; but what about the eSATA ports on the back of the motherboard? I would like drives connected to the internal SATA ports to be displayed as internal hard drives, and the drives connected to eSATA pots on the back to be displayed as external drives.

In order to do this would I have to install JMicron36xSATA?

Thanks!

Dr. Who? said:
Hi all, I am getting ready to build my first rig, and I am little confused about JMicron36xeSATA and JMicron36xSATA. I as I understand it, these two options are for the internal SATA ports; but what about the eSATA ports on the back of the motherboard? I would like drives connected to the internal SATA ports to be displayed as internal hard drives, and the drives connected to eSATA pots on the back to be displayed as external drives.

In order to do this would I have to install JMicron36xSATA?

Thanks!
Due to the way that Gigabyte has currently implemented their BIOSes all of the internal SATA ports are marked as External (orange icons). There are 3 ways to change this on Socket 1156 motherboards:

• 1) Install IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, (I think this will also mark all JMicron ports as internal, been a while since I've done this)
    2) Install JMicron36xSATA.kext, but this will also mark all JMicron ports as internal
    3) Change the internal drive icons from orange drives to gray drives using methods found in the blog or on Lnx2Mac's blog

On my P55 rig I use option 3 and load JMicron36xeSATA.kext as I'm not using the internal JMicron ports.

The only difference between JMicron36xSATA.kext and JMicron36xeSATA.kext is how all JMicron ports drives are displayed as. So it is not currently possible to have some JMicron ports use JMicron36xSATA.kext and some JMicron36xeSATA.kext.

Thanks MacMan!

I just noticed something, and I was wondering if you could give me some insight.

I want my rig to be displayed as a Mac Pro Core i5, so should I install the UserDSDT with the DSDT for my mobo, restart, then go back to MultiBeast and select:

smbios.plist to Mac Pro Core i5
the 32-bit Apple Boot Screen
JMicron36xeSATA

then restart again

or

should I just individually install all of the items that UserDSDT installs, and along with the above options, and restart once?

Dr. Who? said:
Thanks MacMan!

I just noticed something, and I was wondering if you could give me some insight.

I want my rig to be displayed as a Mac Pro Core i5, so should I install the UserDSDT with the DSDT for my mobo, restart, then go back to MultiBeast and select:

smbios.plist to Mac Pro Core i5
the 32-bit Apple Boot Screen
JMicron36xeSATA

then restart again

or

should I just individually install all of the items that UserDSDT installs, and along with the above options, and restart once?
You can do all of those options in one shot with UserDSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back