Contribute
Register

Jetway NAF92-Q67 - i7 Sandybridge 2600K - Can someone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A UDR3 Rev2 fh
CPU
i7 950
Graphics
GTX 1060 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All

I have a successful Gigabyte/ i7/ Lion/ Protools HDX build under my belt using Multibeast/ DSDT method - but I cannot get my new Jetway NAF92-Q67 - i7 Sandybridge 2600K machine to boot from HDD.

I have solved Boot0 problems by switching to a Hitachi HDD rather than WD Green.
I got as far as a hanging boot screen in 10.6.7
VooD said I had to use 10.6.8, and install a "clean" 10.6.8 on my Macpro and manually install kexts etc. No luck so far.

Can anyone make a dsdt for me - or show me a install method?

Thanks
Steve

Thanks for replying :D

unfortunately my mobo is not listed on olarilla database! I think I need to make one from scratch. I have DSDTSE and I feel confident enough to do the work - but I don't know how to find out which patches I need!

Re: Jetway NAF92-Q67 - i7 Sandybridge 2600K - SUCCESS 10.6.8

SUCCESS

I have got the machine to boot up into 10.6.8 - haven't addressed sound or network yet.

The trick is to install 10.6.8 without a crash...

Here's my method, as usual thanks to all on the forums:

Don't use a WD Caviar Green HDD (there's a possible byte sector issue) - I used a Hitachi

1) Install 10.3 from SL DVD using iBoot (I had to use bootflag PCIRootUID=1 throughout)

2) Once 10.6 or 10.6.3 is installed and your looking at the desktop run multibeast and select easybeast + system utilities. Once multibeast is finished reboot the computer with the iboot disk still in. Select your SL install on boot to get back to your desktop.

3) Perform these steps (thanks Licorice Warrior and TooSixy!):

A. Remove the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext as it will cause a kernel panic when trying to update to 10.6.8.

This IOPlatform.kext file is located in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins folder. (Right click on IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext > show contents, then continue following the folder tree)

B. In Terminal, type: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

C. Run MultiBeast and select System Utilities to rebuild kext cache (yes again). If multibeast fails, install kext utility from multibeast and then run that from your applications.

D. Reboot and update 10.6.8 (still keeping the iboot disk in the drive)(I had to use bootflag PCIRootUID=1 throughout)

4) Don't restart after 10.6.8 update. Run multibeast again and select easybeast + run, then run Multibeast again with System Utilities only. Then install chimera standalone. Once chimera is done installing reboot your computer after you remove the iboot disk from the cd drive. (I had to use bootflag PCIRootUID=1 throughout)

5) Once your back at the desktop. If you have had to use PCIRootUID=1 throughout, then run multibeast again and in boot options select:"PCI root fix" + run. Then multibeast again with System Utilities.

6) Restart after Multibeast finishes and your new 10.6.8 desktop should appear upon reboot.

You will now need to address sound and network enablers - haven't got that far yet. Any info gratefully recieved!!

Steve-

Do you have Pro Tools HDX running in your Jetway?

Thanks,
André

evansson said:
Hi All

I have a successful Gigabyte/ i7/ Lion/ Protools HDX build under my belt using Multibeast/ DSDT method - but I cannot get my new Jetway NAF92-Q67 - i7 Sandybridge 2600K machine to boot from HDD.

I have solved Boot0 problems by switching to a Hitachi HDD rather than WD Green.
I got as far as a hanging boot screen in 10.6.7
VooD said I had to use 10.6.8, and install a "clean" 10.6.8 on my Macpro and manually install kexts etc. No luck so far.

Can anyone make a dsdt for me - or show me a install method?

Thanks
Steve

evansson said:
SUCCESS...

...You will now need to address sound and network enablers - haven't got that far yet. Any info gratefully recieved!!

Did you ever get sound or network working on the Jetway?
I tried the above downloads with no luck.
Thanks,
Tim

I used the ones in the posted links without a problem.

evansson said:
I had to use bootflag PCIRootUID=1 throughout)

Hi,
Sure a n00b question, but what do you mean by this? Type it somewhere? Where?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back