CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I post this just to confirm that after some fails and tries I've built a great working pto Tools HD PCI machine. It's HD4 - YES - full load of that mobo's pci slots ))) works fine.
TIPS :
1. When U stuck at the point, when setup doesn't start and says in -v mode that there is no USB drive or kinda this - just plug your USB stick out and back in - it will continue normally )
2. DO remember to use PCIRootUID=1 command every time till U finish installation - it will help U avoid headache ))
3. I've read that only working bootloader that works with HD HARDWARE is
chimera 1.4.1 r877 - i've even didn't try to install my cards without it so my advice is to USE this version to avoid kernel PANIC on DIGIDal.kext on bootup.
4. Everything else is BEAUTIFULLY explained in this post by freddarr, to whom I send many cheerz and thanks for detailed guide.:thumbup:

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61958

P.S. I post this, because I'm absolutely sure, that this terrible policy of further "improvements" by AVID which are siply measures to get us buying EVERYTHING from the scratch, will make even more people think of using their old PCI HD stuff in other enviroment, than poor old PPC mac G5 ) wish U all good luck.

Hi Nonikoff,

Which Bios version for the jetway Q67 did you use?

thanks

it's 06a or kinda thiat... anyway i didn't make any changes to bios - it is as suggested in many posts here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back