Contribute
Register

jeff's MacPro Build: Core i7-3770k - GA-Z77-D3H - GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same board as you and I used the very last voodooHDA VT2021 underneath the universal tab in audio. I installed that by itself and it worked after my restart. Good luck, bro.

Thanks for your reply.. yeh your right i met i am on ml 10.8.6...i did the same as you i got a usb...

now i have two more issues one is if i use the hd4000 or even a graphics card my screen resolution does not fit my screen..i think its called overscan.. you know on windows where you can use nvidia to resize the screen resolution is they any way of doing that with a mac..none of the screen resolution in display setting in a mac fit my screen..am useing a samsung tv 27 inch and on system report it is show that it is been detected

and my other issue is that after i clean install i get onto desktop i then install chimera 2.0.1 and restart but it just keeps staying on the apple logo...its the same if i install bootloader from multibreast..all i install from multibreast is the network and the bootloader and user with/withoutdsdt...and not getting kernal panic, sometimes it ole boots with -x and other times it dont boot no matter what i use eg -v , -s . PCIRootUID=0

do you think its something to do with some setting in multibreast that am not installing?
hope you can help me

i am on ml 10.8.6...
10.8.3 is the latest.

my screen resolution does not fit my screen..i think its called overscan..
am useing a samsung tv 27 inch
And you're connected via HDMI? HDMI is geared towards televisions, which had this old overscan "feature" from the days of CRTs.

Ideally your TV will have a setting (buried somewhere in its menus) where you can turn overscan off. Otherwise it will be assuming it's getting a video signal that includes the extra overscan bits, and chopping off the edges. Unfortunately my 42" plasma doesn't have this setting. :(

Failing that you should find an "underscan" option in the Displays Preferences which tells your machine to squeeze the image down to a smaller area of the screen (still outputting black around the edges, which will get chopped off by the TV). That does not have good effects on image quality, but may be your only option if your TV doesn't have the ability to disable overscan.

do you think its something to do with some setting in multibreast
Stop fantasizing. :)
Are you trying with GraphicEnabler=Yes or =No?

once again thanks for your reply and again your right am on ml 10.8.2

am useing the hdmi and just like you i dont have overscan on my tv :(

i will try underscan once i get back into mac

** my main issue is after a clean
installation of ml 10.8.2..i cant boot back into the desktop..iv tryed GraphicEnabler=No and Yes
sometimes i can get to boot up via -x (safemode)

once the
installation of ml 10.8.2 is done and am on the deskttop this i what i do.

i will install OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.2 (Combo)
reboot back into mac via unibreast usb

then i will use multibeast to install my network kext and userdsdt with/wivout and i tryd Chameleon from multibeast but after this i will reboot i get stuck on the apple logo the wheel underneath will spin then just freeze.

iv also try
Chimera 2.0.1 same problem cant boot into mac..
iv use -v...-s..PCIRootUID=0
GraphicEnabler=No / Yes
the only one that SOMETIMES works is -x

i hope you understand my problem and once again thanks for your help..

Thank you for this thread - interesting reading, Ive got the same board as you have, but currently F14 BIOS, my BIOS crashed last night and ML doesn't seem to run very well at the moment - So I'm going to re-load BIOS in, but I didn't take snapshots of the BIOS screen - could you snapshot yours and put up on here?
Thank you
Cheers
AP

try loading the OS with using the bootflag -F and/or -f, you can try booting with -F first, if that doesn't work try -f, if that does not work try them both together -f and -F.

Jeff, I have a quick question in regards to sound. I also have the Ga-z77-d3h but with a GTx560 non ti version. I have everything up and running my only problem is that my graphics card works and my sound works, however i want to use the sound offered through my GTX560 to run to my hd Tv, but i have no clue on how to enable it. The sound i am using is coming straight from the motherboard, but i would rather use the sound provided by my video card that way i can run it through my HD TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back