Contribute
Register

jeff's MacPro Build: Core i7-3770k - GA-Z77-D3H - GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm soon to start a build with this board (upgrading an existing box from Win7). Glad to see I'm not the first! :)

Are the Etron USB ports supported? Or only the Z77 ones?
Not a show-stopper, just nice to know.

I'm not sure which ones are the Etron ports, but the USB 3.0 ports at the back work with USB 3.0 devices, though nothing happens when you plug in a USB 2.0 device. I have one USB 3.0 header connected to my front USB ports using 3.0 to 2.0 cable included in the case, not sure if it's the Etron header, but it works just fine. I'll check and report back later.

I think the board really works great for a hack if you have no easy access to the ds3h version. Only issue I have now is the I have the occasional KP at start up, quite rare, maybe 1 in 10 instances, if I reset and boot again then it starts up just fine. I'm guessing it's the voodooHDA causing it, but not a big deal really, otherwise the machine is very stable and reliable. I recently added a 2nd monitor too, works great.

I have one question about your post. If i use the graphics card I have "GTX 560 non ti version" do i need to worry about the sandy bridge processor being used with my z77 chipset? I have my system up and running and only a few problems which i will post soon, but I am just curious if i need to follow those steps you listed for the mis match of the sandy bridge processor with the z77 chipset?

Thanks for all your help Jeff. You're a true asset to the hackintosh community. I have a question though. I am pleased to announce that I have my system up and running with final cut pro X, but when I boot the system I have to type the boot flag "-F" every time or while booting into the os or unibeast I get the apple screen with the spinning logo loading fine and then the screen goes black and doesn't switch into the os it just stays black. However if i type "-F" before booting i get the same apple screen with the spinning logo loading fine and the screen goes black but goes straight into the os shortly after and everything is fine. Do you know what could be causing this? Any suggestions? Thanks again jeff.

I'm brand new to this and am building my system with these same components.

I've successfully created an SL Image on a USB stick (from my old (2006) MacBook Pro and have installed Chimera on the same stick.

I've tried a version of this SL image/ USB stick with Chameleon as well. When ever I get to the Chameleon installation screen, I get a kp saying "unsupported CPU)

though my z77-d3h is older than some of the newer z77 series, it works well so far and I can get into the bios to make the recommended changes just fine. The CPU (i7 3770k) is brand new.
im currently using the onboard graphics.

what might I be doing wrong?

thank you so much for any help you'll give me.

DBP:

thanks for your note about needing ML for this board and CPU.
Just purchased ML and I'm in the forEVER download state as I type :)

thank you again!!

Hi Jeff,

How are you manage to get the USB 3 high speed bus working?

I owned same mobo with ver.1.0 bios version F14

Sleep wake up black screen no KP.

hi can you help me am new to all this hackintosh...iv got a gigabyte z77-d3h and i7 3770s on mounatain lion 10.6.8 I Bios 12 REV 1.0

i wanted to ask you if you dont mind can you tell me ALL the setting you used on
multibreast i cant get the audio to work..

and do you know if they is any graphics card that will work out of the box with my system...or with your graphics card work on my system to. you said it works out of the box so does that mean i would not need to play around with kexts and stuff as i dont know how to do them thats why am after something that will work out of the box.

thanks

The easiest (and cheapest) "out of the box" graphics you can use is the HD4000 graphics which your i7-3770S has. My build starts off with that, and I added other graphics later for more screens. The HD4000 is a good start.

You say "mountain lion 10.6.8". Mountain Lion is 10.8.x, whereas 10.6.x is Snow Leopard. Don't bother with Snow Leopard on this board/CPU. Mountain Lion is fine. Go to the Gigabyte website, download and install the latest non-beta BIOS version (mine's using F18), and go from there.

In my FractalPro build I did try getting VoodooHDA to get the audio going, but after a few kernel panics (even before the install finished!) I gave up and just used a USB audio dongle. If all you need is audio output it's so much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back