Contribute
Register

jeff's MacPro Build: Core i7-3770k - GA-Z77-D3H - GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, the TP-Link doesn't have required drivers in SL. You'll have to use an Ethernet connection to get to Mt Lion. (Lion also has the drivers.)

IIRC, the TP-Link doesn't have required drivers in SL. You'll have to use an Ethernet connection to get to Mt Lion. (Lion also has the drivers.)

I'm not sure about that. I am sure I was able to use the tplink wdn4800 even in 10.6,4 and 10.6.8 oob

Unfortunately, I won't be able to test the card with SL in a timely manner. However, if I can find out one way or the other, I'll report back.

UPDATE: A quick Google search found threads on this site that confirmed the card working with 10.6.8. However, some users had trouble with their cards which resulted in returning/RMA'ing the card. So, the card maybe defective.

I'm not really sure how to help you but you can try the following steps:

1. Go to System Preferences/Network and delete any existing connections by selecting any existing connections and clicking minus (-) sign at the bottom left.
Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist
3. Restart
4. If the system doesn't connect to the internet automatically after restart, go back to
System Preferences/Network, click the plus (+) sign at the bottom left to create a new connection and select "wifi" for the interface.

Are you on 10.6.3, 10.6.4 or have you
updated to 10.6.8 already? if it doesn't work on 10.6.3-4 then you might have to update to 10.6.8 first, download the 10.6.8 combo update here (i hope you have another computer with a working internet).

Check also that your WDN4800 is installed properly. Is it identified properly when you go to about this mac/more info/system report/Network/wifi?

Hope this help. Anybody else who can help, please chime in.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for sticking with me through this frustrating process, you have been more than helpful. I am really comfortable knowing that the hackintosh community involves someone like yourself, it's nice to know that everyone is willing to help one another. This is my first build and though it was a bit time consuming, frustrating and didn't go as planned, i stuck with it and finally got a working system. The problem i was running into was not being able to connect with my Tp-Link WDN-4800 card, though it was supposed to be natively supported by the Snow leopard on up. I had no problem installing the Snow leopard OS, but I had no wifi connection or any on-board lan connection, I thought it may be that the SL vanilla install was not supporting the Wifi card, so i decided to update try to update to mountain lion, but i only had the snow leopard install disk and no other mac to download ML. So i decided to try to update to 10.8 and I updated after using the update helper tool, but when trying to load the OS it would be about 3 mins and the screen would go black. I was using the on-board graphics and so i decided to pop in my Nvidia 560 2gig non ti card and restarted the system. Walaaaaaah everything was working my video, internet but have not yet tested the sound, but i wanted to thank you immediately to show you my humble appreciation. I love you bro and thanks for the quick responses and asking others for help as well. I will post if i run into any other problems since you have the same board as me.... That is, if it is okay. Thanks again

Card wasn't defective checked it in windows, just had to install 10.8 and use my video card, because 10.8 wasn't supporting onboard graphics from my 2500k:)

Sound should work using one of the voodoo kexts, even onboard LAN controller will work should you decide to use it later, use shailua's kext, both available in multibeast.

Well i have good news and bad, i was able to update to mountain lion and the lan was recognized instantly the bad new is I had to install with the onboard graphics. I ran multibeast and installed fake smb and the bootloader but nothing else just to be safe, but now after switching to my EVGa gtx560 graphics my screen goes black after the apple logo and spinning wheel, however the system is still running.

Did you tick "user dsdt or no dsdt" in multibeast? Others have reported that gtx560 works natively in mountain lion.

Did you tick "user dsdt or no dsdt" in multibeast? Others have reported that gtx560 works natively in mountain lion.

Thanks again bro, it seems that in order boot successfully with my video card i had to enter the boot flag -F and then the system boots fine, however i didnt install chameleon i am installing everything one at a time so i know exactly what I all have installed multibeast installs so many different kexts when you use the user-dsdt free install. I just dont want to run into the problem after the install of all those kexts and then i have to sit there forever deleting kexts trying to figure out what ones are not working. I think the best solution is to do everything one at a time, in the long run it saves time, but I do want to know is there a way to install chameleon without the package that is included with multibeast? I dont want to have to type -F every time i boot, especially since this is for my girlfriend. Wow it does finally feel amazing to get it up and running with audio, video and internet. I learned a lot so far there is so much more to learn and i am sure that i will run into a lot more problems in the future but at least i have a bit more understanding of the whole process. Thanks again and one last thing i can't get the system to boot without the usb installed but i think thats because i dont have chameleon installed to enable the boot loader

simpill,

You're being overly cautious. The tonymacx86 version of Chameleon, called Chimera, works best and is loaded by default in MultiBeast (along with other appropriate items) when you selection "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" which you should use for your system. See page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document that comes with MultiBeast. It's a good read. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back