Contribute
Register

Jays MonkeyBook Pro - The Ultimate Sony VPC-SE CustoMac Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you plug the device in before booting?

Hi RM,

Well what do you know ... :lol:

Cold boot with USB3 storage device (Western Digital 320GB USB3 Passport drive) attached and it works with your December 2015 build of GenericUSB3 kext. The USB3 hub/port/device never shows up in system profiler but it seems to work fine, can even eject and reattach/hot swap ...

I only really it use it for TM backups so its great to get it working again, thanks so much for the advice,

Speed is also around 3 x faster than USB2 ports so seems to working as well as ever .. just odd that it doesn't show up in the profiler but i've read in your threads that its not uncommon.

USB2
USB2-WDPASS.jpg
USB3
USB3-WDPASS.jpg

Thanks for your constant and never ending research ....

Cheers
Jay

PS: Like the new avatar ... very abstract .... you grow an extra leg ???

I tried this. But didn't have the pen drive plugged in cold boot. Maybe i should give it ago. Which version did you use? Ive got 2015-1215?

Thanks JayMonkey :thumbup: Im giving it ago now just waiting for the kext to install.

Omg it works :D.

Bummer that Apple decided to go this route and change the stack at a low level ... what makes you think that 3rd Party suppliers of add on MAC PCI USB3 like Sonnet, Cal Digit, laCie.. etc wont update their drivers to 10.11.X ? ... that said i am surprised that none of them have already which does make you wonder ...

While they may update their drivers, the drivers already depend on having up-to-date firmware, and in certain cases, it is not possible to update NEC/Renesas with the latest...

PS: Like the new avatar ... very abstract .... you grow an extra leg ???

Ha ha...

I ski with friends. We like to "harvest" the powder.

Thanks,
most of HW works. But I cant work VGA port. Can you pls send me, or upload patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext? Thanks

Thanx RehabMan
Although there are patches for VGA, they are not reliable, therefore not recommended.

Better to use an active HDMI->VGA adapter.

But if you want to try a VGA patch, it is available in the HD3000 config.plist files from my guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html
But may be I dont know to search. I can find it there. Can you pls send me some direct link to AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext?
I have instaled Maverics on Sony Vaio VPCSE.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back