Contribute
Register

January 2023 Mac Announcement: M2 MacBook Pros & Mac Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the prices of storage on the M2 Mini pro, oof!.

CD7DD028-78D2-48DD-B0D6-69C3FAC1DB62.png

I've never understood why doubling the storage results in 3x the price ? Maybe someone at Apple could use the calculator app to get the pricing right.

Screen Shot 7.jpg

With the removal of the last Intel Core Mac mini model, it is one more step towards the end of Hackintosh.

(Besides Wi-Fi 6E, not WiFi 6E)

Check out the prices of storage on the M2 Mini pro
The maxed out M2 Pro version sells for $4,500. Add on over $200 in sales tax for $4,700+

Why not just buy a Mac Studio at that price ? I guess if you want the 8TB of internal storage.

Screen Shot 8.jpg

The maxed out M2 Pro version sells for $4,500. Add on over $200 in sales tax for $4,700+

Why not just buy a Mac Studio at that price ? I guess if you want the 8TB of internal storage.

View attachment 562078
With 4 Thunderbolt ports there is almost no reason to pay Apple for those SSD upgrades. I can understand an internal upgrade to 1TB, but a Thunderbolt NVMe enclosure is about $120 and 2TB NVMe SSD at 3500MB/s is $110.

That’s $230 for a 2TB upgrade.

Here's the Apple hype video to get you excited enough to break out the credit card.

Here's the new specs for the M2 mini. Still the same 5nm process node like the M1 mini.

Screen Shot 9.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the Apple hype video to get you excited enough to break out the credit card.

See that bright sunny backdrop in Apple Park? We haven’t had a day like that in nearly 2 months. Well maybe the sun snuck in once or twice, which would mean camera crew would have to rush and get it done.

So was the video post processed with some movie magic, or was it shot many weeks ago?

some movie magic,
Most likely this. They put her in front of a "green screen" and put whatever they want in the background. This is why you never see any presenter wearing green clothing, it would make them invisible.

Screen Shot 10.jpg

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 3.jpg
    Screen Shot 3.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back