CPU
Graphics
hd6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Am I right in thinking that OSX will not recognize any OCing yet on this processor?

if it will, does anyone have a quick guide to boosting it a bit?

cheers, A

I'd like to know it too.
Thanks

Nico

It's POSSIBLE

Got a i7 3770K running on a Z77X-UD5H since yesterday.

Couldn't get the overclocking to show in OSX until I disabled "CPU EIST function" !

Attachments

• hackpro1.png
    hackpro1.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 493

Couldn't get the overclocking to show in OSX until I disabled "CPU EIST function" !

Care to hint where to go to disable CPU EIST?

never mind is in the bios but according to benchmark overclocking registers regardless.. i think i rather enable it and know that is working anyhow

I have the same mobo and cpu

Hi, I have the same MOBO and CPU, can you please post a guide about how you did it, thanks in advance.

Hmm. I wonder is this affects the i5-3570k as well. I'm having similar issues where my overclock is not being detected within OSX. I'll give it a shot later today and post the result.

So I know the overclock is working as my GB scores are in the 165xx to 168xx range. I guess it doesn't matter if About Mac isn't accurate, but well, it bugs me... :)

How to

Well if you're in the 16k benchmark your OC is definitely working !

Just in case, to make it visible you have to go in your Mobo's BIOS.

So on Gigabyte press DELETE while you boot.
Then go to the "M.I.T." tab > "Advanced Frequency Settings" > "Advanced CPU Core Features" > set "CPU EIST Function" to "Disabled"

Et voilà,

Antoine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back