Contribute
Register

Ivy Bridge + discrete HDMI audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running out of ideas with my attempts to get HDMI audio working with my new GA-Z77X-UP5 TH with an Zotac GTX680.
It seems as if this UEFI bios is a bit different from my old GA-H61N-UBSB3. So the guide didn't work for my new system right now.
There is nothing different with a UEFI dsdt. The guides are accurate and current for Mountain Lion. Regarding HDMI audio for your z77x-ud5h-th, see Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - HD4000. The procedures applies the Nvidia HDMI audio dsdt edits to Ivy Bridge dsdts.

Notes
1. to resolve compiler errors and warning, apply the clean_compile.txt patch before applying the HDMI audio edits.
2. in hdmi_audio_ivy_bridge.txt; edit HDEF/layout-id to 0x82,0x03, 0x00, 0x00 from 0x8E, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00

Reply with dsdt.aml of your Nvidia HDMI audio edited dsdt.

View attachment clean_compile.txt

Thanks for the quick reply and for your excellent work!

It seems as if I had a look to the wrong guide (Lion HDMI Audio - Part 2a: DSDT Edits/Discrete - AMD/Nvidia).
Now - with the correct instructions - everything works perfect.

Please find the final .dsl and the working DSDT.aml for the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH attached.

Again, thanks a lot for your support!

Regards,

Yicker

Attachments

• GA-Z77X-UP5_TH-HDMI_DSL.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 186
  • GA-Z77X-UP5_TH-HDMI-DSDT.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 239

Please find the final .dsl and the working DSDT.aml for the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH attached.

Since there is no DSDT for the Z77X-UP5 TH in the Database, thank you for sharing!
I'm planning to build a hackintosh with this motherboard when it arrives later this week. I assume this DSDT only patches to provide support for discrete HDMI, but I'm wondering if it includes any other changes? Does the onboard HDMI audio also work?

Thanks!

Since there is no DSDT for the Z77X-UP5 TH in the Database, thank you for sharing!
I'm planning to build a hackintosh with this motherboard when it arrives later this week. I assume this DSDT only patches to provide support for discrete HDMI, but I'm wondering if it includes any other changes? Does the onboard HDMI audio also work?

Thanks!
Yes. See Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - HD4000

It seems as if I had a look to the wrong guide (Lion HDMI Audio - Part 2a: DSDT Edits/Discrete - AMD/Nvidia).
Now - with the correct instructions - everything works perfect.

Again, thanks a lot for your support!

Regards,

Yicker

I have the same motherboard, but I have an MSI GTX 670, not a Zotac GTX 680. Am I mistaken in thinking I can just use the attached DSDT that Yicker is sharing? Or do I have to go through the whole process? I have a backup with CCC and am ready to just give it a try, but I suspect my edits to the DSDT might be different; I don't know.
Thanks in advance

I have the same motherboard, but I have an MSI GTX 670, not a Zotac GTX 680. Am I mistaken in thinking I can just use the attached DSDT that Yicker is sharing?
The HDMI audio dsdt edits are the same for every discrete graphics card. The only issue is the BIOS version of the DSDT. The dsdt should not be install if your BIOS is higher/later version than the dsdt. That said, it is always better to extract your dsdt and apply the HDMI audio edits to your dsdt.

The HDMI audio dsdt edits are the same for every discrete graphics card. The only issue is the BIOS version of the DSDT. The dsdt should not be install if your BIOS is higher/later version than the dsdt. That said, it is always better to extract your dsdt and apply the HDMI audio edits to your dsdt.

Got it, thanks for the quick reply. I probably would have trouble there, because I have what I think is the newest BIOS available (F11). Is there a way that I can look at the shared dsdt and verify that it is compatible?

Got it, thanks for the quick reply. I probably would have trouble there, because I have what I think is the newest BIOS available (F11). Is there a way that I can look at the shared dsdt and verify that it is compatible?
As you know, all dsdt in the DSDT Database have the version in the file name. Posters would need to use the same convention with their attached dsdts.

Well, since Yicker didn't specify, I have to assume he is indeed using an older BIOS (his profile says he is).

I was hesitant to apply the patch to my own DSDT, because I was reading a PDF from the wrong "editing_kit" or something, one which didn't apply to my hardware. I thought I was just missing something, but I was just confusing myself because I was reading the wrong instructions.

I have successfully patched my own DSDT, and HDMI audio appears to be working.

Sincerely, I appreciate your help and patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back