Contribute
Register

IVY Bridge Chipset users: Anyone getting built-in USB 3.0 working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe II
CPU
i9 7900X
Graphics
Radeon VII
I'm running on an Asus P8-Z77 board, and the two Intel chipset USB 3.0 ports are dead (work fine with Windows). Anyone getting their Intel USB 3.0 ports working?

Mine were working fine in Lion but not now... Just watching for a fix.

I think mine works OoB. I have Ga-z77x-ud5h with i5-3570k.
In my system report, it shows USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Bus with my ports in it.

Both Intel USB3 port work in 10.7.5G22 and 10.8GM.
Enter to BIOS, open Advanced\USB Configuration and set:
Legacy USB Support - Auto
Legacy USB3.0 Support - Disabled
Intel xHCI Mode - Enabled
EHCI Hand-off - Disabled

I think mine works OoB. I have Ga-z77x-ud5h with i5-3570k.
In my system report, it shows USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Bus with my ports in it.

I am on UD5H too but I can't get USB 3.0 device working...

USB 3.0 port + USB 2.0 device = work

USB 3.0 both = not work

Both Intel USB3 port work in 10.7.5G22 and 10.8GM.
Enter to BIOS, open Advanced\USB Configuration and set:
Legacy USB Support - Auto
Legacy USB3.0 Support - Disabled
Intel xHCI Mode - Enabled
EHCI Hand-off - Disabled
Just changed my BIOS settings and still none of the USB3 ports work. They are listed on System Information but just don't recognise anything connected to it. My motherboard is an Asus P8Z77-V LX (bios 0610).

Having the same issue. System report shows they are loaded. I can even see my Ext HDD connected in System Report. But dosen't show up in finder, disk utility, etc

Im running an p7p55d-e lx. Checked my BIOS settings and they are correct. Worked fine in Lion, & my other OS's

I'm on Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H.

All my 4 intel USB 3.0 Ports are dead (meaning out of power supply at all) except only when I change the xHCI mode in the BIOS to disabled (meaning USB2 Only).
So I can't install ML using UniBeast USB(2.0) Stick in any xHCI modes(Smart Auto, Auto, Disabled) with the "Still waiting for root device" error.

Of course it's okay for me because I don't have any USB 3.0 + devices
but I'm very curious about the fact that a number of forum users have posted that they have no USB problem on gigabyte z77 boards, typically UD5H.

Are there any significant differences between USB functions of the UD3H and the UD5H?
or Do I need patched DSDT file in my Extra folder where I don't have any dsdt.aml now?

Are there any significant differences between USB functions of the UD3H and the UD5H?
or Do I need patched DSDT file in my Extra folder where I don't have any dsdt.aml now?

UD3H uses VIA VL800 which isn't supported OOB and UD5H uses VL810 which should be working OOB. I think Tony mentioned this somewhere.
But no idea how to get VL800 working.

All my USB ports are working as they should be on a MSI Z77A-G43.

Just changed my BIOS settings and still none of the USB3 ports work. They are listed on System Information but just don't recognise anything connected to it. My motherboard is an Asus P8Z77-V LX (bios 0610).
Same result here. As a note, I have the two ASMedia USB 3 ports working fine, after installing the driver set I found from osx86.net.

Hopefully, there will be a fix for the Intel ports...maybe a DSDT edit or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back