Gigabyte GTX770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok so let me start from when it all began a long time ago yesterday. The system was in windows and must have crashed as it does from time to time. It rebooted into OSX and today when I went to boot back into windows I get a blinking ( __ ) on a black screen. So I tried some stuff that I read on the forum and it made it worse. Now I have it back to where it was. Boots fine into osx but not into windows. System has been working fine for over a year. I dont know of any changes that happened. maybe windows updated something not sure. but I have tried some stuff and now I'm afraid I will just make it even worse. please help

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Intel I7 2600k 4.21Ghz
Gigabyte GTX770 x 2
Windows 7 on vortex4 ssd
OSX 10.9.5 on vortex3 ssd
16gb 1600 vengeance ram

On my old PC I had this problem a few times within a year. I do not know how but my Windows partition seemed to be corrupt. The partition I used for my data was fine however. Making a new partition, installing Windows on it and removing the old Windows partition solved the problem. Then, after a few months it would happen again, and the periods between the failings became shorter and shorter. Replacing my HDD solved the problem.

I don't know if this can help you but I thought I'd say it anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion. I might end up having to do that. I'm not sure but from what I've read something about the bootloader and putting it into legacy mode but have not figured out how to do that yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back