null
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All and Tony

Currently im looking at building a new system and ITX is the goal.

is mac mini build from 2010 (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.co.nz/2010/12/building-customac-customac-mini.html) still the best option or is there a newer option for ITX mother boards which are supported. Seems these boards are end of stock now

The Gigabyte H77 looks great but will this be supported 100% - you knows?

Should I wait for it :?:

Thanks

Hi All and Tony

Currently im looking at building a new system and ITX is the goal.

is mac mini build from 2010 (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.co.nz/2010/12/building-customac-customac-mini.html) still the best option or is there a newer option for ITX mother boards which are supported. Seems these boards are end of stock now

The Gigabyte H77 looks great but will this be supported 100% - you knows?

Should I wait for it :?:

Thanks

From the specs both the Z77n-WiFi and the H77N-WiFi should be fully workable with OS X. Gigabyte has released the boards but I haven't seen them listed in Newegg or Amazon yet.

From what ive read..

-----------------------------------------
The GA-H77N-WiFi and GA-Z77N-WiFi motherboards uses LGA1155 supporting second and third generations of processors from Intel, the two motherboard are the same, the only difference is the Intel X77 chipset, the GA-Z77N is an overclocked motherboard due to the Z77 chip that support overclocking the "K" series of Intel core processors, others specifications are the same with HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI outputs, PCIe 3.0 support, USB 3.0 and SATA 6.0 using GIGABYTE's Ultra Durable 4 components
-----------------------------------------

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Both the H77 and Z77 chip-sets are supported on the other boards so all should be fine! Will keep an eye out for them, Thanks[/FONT]

Both the H77 and Z77 chip-sets are supported on the other boards so all should be fine! Will keep an eye out for them, Thanks

Be aware though that until someone actually gets their hands on the board it will be very difficult to tell if the supplied WiFi card will work with OS X. At this point all I can tell from the pics on the GA site is that the card seems to be an Intel Centrino, in which case you would probably need to replace it for WiFi to work.

OTOH, audio and network are both listed as Realtek, which is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back