i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
I am thinking about re-using the Powermac G5 internal speaker, or the Powerbook g4 speakers for my Hackintosh.
I know from manual that the z270 asrock has a 4 pin connector for a simple built-in speaker.

This is the G5 speaker
View media item 188532View media item 188531View media item 188533They have a 2 PIN connector apparently ready, but i read that they works at an higher amperage than ITX standard and potentially could damage the motherboard...

This instead is the powerbook g4 one
View media item 188610This one are the little but with a good audio quality, I see familiar + - sign in back, and 2 wires for each speaker. They ends with a proprietary connector, but I think is possible to wire them directly...

Someone in community ha s already tried the internal speaker way?
It's worth? I do not know if there is software support...
In Voodohda 2.8.9 (my actual kext) I don't see the internal speaker option.

Thanks

Pineapple

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H270N-WIFI
CPU
Intel i5-6500t
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1050-TI
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I believe that generally those motherboard hookups are just for POST beeps and nothing else, but I would love to be wrong!

Motherboard
Asrock 270 Fatality mini-ITX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Today I done a little wiring work: I extracted the original 2 PIN JWT, and connected to the 4 PIN used by the g5 fans.
View media item 188625The result was a good 4 PIN connector useful to connect to the mother board.

I knew that the ITX standard support a 3W speaker as internal, so I tried, also if on internet I didn't found the wattage of this g5 foster internal speaker. I suppose they are 5W...

So I connect to the right connector, but no audio, and no internal speaker appearing as audio output.
I also deleted the AppleHDADisabler.kext that where present.

I think is a kext or software issue before than a hardware one, because once activated, I can chose an alternative cheap internal speaker on amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.