2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've never had problems with purchased movies not playing on my Hackintosh (past 5 years now). But last week, I purchased a movie and was surprised I can't play it anymore. Black screen. None of my previous purchased movies are playing also.

I tried signing out/signing in, de-authorize and re-authorize computer, nothing worked. It seem to be related to the last iTunes update? But not sure, maybe just coincidence.

BTW, iMessaging works for me, iCloud works. Trailers in itunes works. It's only playing purchased movies in iTunes doesn't work.

I'm thinking maybe my IP/MAC address got blocked? But I installed iTunes on my Parallels Virtual Machine, and I can play iTunes purchased movies inside my Windows 10 VM.

Any one knows where to troubleshoot?

My relevant hardware is AMD 6870 Video card, running 10.11.5, and Sonnet NIC card (native Yukon.kext)

Just noticed in "About this Mac", it's showing
"Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6xxx 1024MB"

This could be the cause of the problem.

I remember this used to show Radeon HD 6870.

Thoughts on how to get this back to show 6870?

I've never had problems with purchased movies not playing on my Hackintosh (past 5 years now). But last week, I purchased a movie and was surprised I can't play it anymore. Black screen. None of my previous purchased movies are playing also.

I tried signing out/signing in, de-authorize and re-authorize computer, nothing worked. It seem to be related to the last iTunes update? But not sure, maybe just coincidence.

BTW, iMessaging works for me, iCloud works. Trailers in itunes works. It's only playing purchased movies in iTunes doesn't work.

I'm thinking maybe my IP/MAC address got blocked? But I installed iTunes on my Parallels Virtual Machine, and I can play iTunes purchased movies inside my Windows 10 VM.

Any one knows where to troubleshoot?

My relevant hardware is AMD 6870 Video card, running 10.11.5, and Sonnet NIC card (native Yukon.kext)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/itunes-protected-video-black-screen-solution-hdcp.195083/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back