Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've got a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 in 10.14.2 and I've got HEVC/H264 acceleration working (with iGPU enabled), but iTunes streaming is not working. I saw an earlier comment that you can only have one or the other. Is that still the case?

@ammulder it’s still a bit hit-or-miss but I was finally able to get hardware acceleration and DRM iTunes playback working at the same time. In my case, this guide helped— my IGPU and AMD card were not configured correctly. Note that DRM only works for downloaded content. I haven’t seen a streaming solution yet...but I think we’re getting closer.

Sorry, just to confirm, downloaded iTunes movies play for me -- just streaming doesn't. So I have HEVC, H264, iTunes downloaded movies, but NOT iTunes streaming movies.

Got it. Same issue. I can only get streaming to work by disabling IGPU. Been playing with this for over a year and haven't found the solution. My best guess is that it has to do with the Shiki value and which decoder processes the live stream.

I finally bought a big hard drive and just downloaded everything. It was faster than trying to constantly reconfigure and test my system (often breaking something else in the process). But would love to find the answer.

So I've got a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 in 10.14.2 and I've got HEVC/H264 acceleration working (with iGPU enabled), but iTunes streaming is not working. I saw an earlier comment that you can only have one or the other. Is that still the case?
Same card here. Do you mind sharing your setup?

I just finished my first build and run into this problem too. I have the same issue described for iTunes and being unable to stream Netflix or Hulu on safari. I currently run Mojave.

Hi, I've got a nVidia GTX 1080, and all is working fine with my Hackintosh (High Sierra 10.6.13).

The only noticed issue is that I can't play any iTunes movie/video...

I read that is might be because it does not properly recognize my GPU/screen... Stuff about HDCP protection ?

Can anybody explain how to make this work ? I've already put these files in my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder :
  1. dummy141.kext
  2. Lilu.kext
  3. Lilu.kext.dSYM
  4. Shiki.kext
  5. Shiki.kext.dSYM
  6. WhateverGreen.kext
  7. WhateverGreen.kext.dSYM
  8. WhateverName.app
Thanks in advance for your help !

Regards,

Antoine

@Ob1lan I'm assuming you're running High Sierra yes? First, backup your system.

You need the latest versions Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts. You don't need the .dSYM, .app files, or Shiki.kext (Whatevergreen has Shiki built in now). Try to enable your internal Intel GPU and see what happens. Do some research on Shiki values and try adding. In my experience, it's a bit of trial-and-error on High Sierra with Nvidia. In most cases, only downloaded iTunes movies work. Streaming typically does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back