Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you own final cut pro x try to export a h.264 there. If that works you are the first one where everything works. (H.264 and drm with no igpu) then you can maybe start a topic about it.

Both work right now under Mojave & High Sierra. With or without IGPU, I can export H264 and play downloaded DRM. Streaming iTunes DRM so far only works without IGPU. Netflix works on both as well using Chrome.

Search for Quicksync and DRM and there's a few discussions about exporting H264 & HEVC in Final Cut as well as iTunes playback.

Both work right now under Mojave & High Sierra. With or without IGPU, I can export H264 and play downloaded DRM. Streaming iTunes DRM so far only works without IGPU. Netflix works on both as well using Chrome.

Search for Quicksync and DRM and there's a few discussions about exporting H264 & HEVC in Final Cut as well as iTunes playback.

i got that also going. i can export h264 and play downloaded drm also. when i select a smbios like imac pro. i can also stream drm (but break h264 export). so it is the one or the other. and that is what i am talking about. stream drm and also export h264. there is no solution for that at this moment as far as i know.

I got what what you're saying but I can confirm that on an MSI Aero ITX RX560 you can stream iTunes DRM content and export both HEVC and H264 4K content from Final Cut X 10.4.3. I'm running 18,3 smbios with Lilu and Whatevergreen, no shiki values. Without the iGPU, rendering is about 30% longer on H264 and muuucchh longer on HEVC. VDADecoder reports hardware acceleration is active.

With the iGPU, streaming is broken but renders are much faster.

I literally just tried the Pulse Sapphire RX580 I got from Amazon today (on the Apple 'recommended eGPU list)...and you're right, it did not work under the same conditions. Final Cut errors out with in the first few seconds of export.

Prior versions of High Sierra also worked but the .4 and .6 updates broke streaming.

I'm not clear why a 560 works and a 580 doesn't but it feels like we're getting really close to figuring it out.

Ideally, I want to ditch the 560 and use just my 1080TI but there's no drivers yet. And while I didn't get streaming working for it with High Sierra, rendering files was considerably faster.

I got what what you're saying but I can confirm that on an MSI Aero ITX RX560 you can stream iTunes DRM content and export both HEVC and H264 4K content from Final Cut X 10.4.3. I'm running 18,3 smbios with Lilu and Whatevergreen, no shiki values. Without the iGPU, rendering is about 30% longer on H264 and muuucchh longer on HEVC. VDADecoder reports hardware acceleration is active.

With the iGPU, streaming is broken but renders are much faster.

I literally just tried the Pulse Sapphire RX580 I got from Amazon today (on the Apple 'recommended eGPU list)...and you're right, it did not work under the same conditions. Final Cut errors out with in the first few seconds of export.

Prior versions of High Sierra also worked but the .4 and .6 updates broke streaming.

I'm not clear why a 560 works and a 580 doesn't but it feels like we're getting really close to figuring it out.

Ideally, I want to ditch the 560 and use just my 1080TI but there's no drivers yet. And while I didn't get streaming working for it with High Sierra, rendering files was considerably faster.

Thank you for taking such an effort in your answer. I got a gigabyte rx560 in another system. That makes me curious if that will work. Will try that later. I replaced it with a rx580 for gaming on windows. It would be great if it got solved with the 580. The card is much faster compared to the Rx560. I guess somebody will figure it out. I tried everything i can do.

This has been an ongoing issue that has never really been addressed.

I keep reading users saying they got their graphics card working...but turns out, it's only half working. Either DRM is broken or they have no hardware acceleration, or both. Then if it does partially work, the next upgrade breaks things.

After using NoVPAJpeg.kext my Netflix and iTunes DRM start working. I need more test for a couple of days. If results are still persisted I will edit this post.
Please dont forget to share your results. :thumbup:
Added NoVPAJpeg.kext.
Still having black screen on movies (trailers work) 10.13.6 on HD 630 (XPS 15)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back