Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Guys, I thought maybe this is not the effect of NoVPAJpeg.kext and removed it. I start testing without it. After removed kext, I clean Cache and NVRAM then restart the machine. I don't understand what's going on but everything is still working.

What's work now;

Quicklook all image type, (Not all)
Quicklook all video type,
Netflix
iTunes all DRM

is that mean we don't need actually any kext and method? I really don't get it. I just disable IGPU from BIOS and remove InjectIntel and ig-platform-id that's all. I am not using the beta version of OS.

Please tell me how can I test more?

And VDADecoder still shows fully supported.

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 17.06.56.png

Edit: Ok finally found the hitch;

Yes, NoVPAJpeg.kext need it for jpegs file without it jpegs never work. All other types of files working (png, ai, psd, mp4, mov etc.) Thats mean we still need method and kext for jpegs.
default_hysterical.gif

Last edited:
Has anyone ever seen or used this?

Display Port.jpg

NVIDIA® / AMD® / Intel®
Graphics Support for
Thunderbolt™ 3*

GIGABYTE implementing Thunderbolt™ 3 allows users to utilize all facets of this technology. GIGABYTE’s unique design of incorporating a video input port, via Mini DisplayPort, allows users to take full advantage of their discrete NVIDIA or AMD Graphics Cards. By merging the performance of these discrete cards with Thunderbolt™ 3 users can now leverage the fast data transfer speeds and latest gaming technologies into a single Thunderbolt™ (USB Type-C™) cable.

(click the link and scroll down to see the description and photo)

Essentially, on a gigabyte board you link your IGPU to your AMD/NVidia graphics via a cable. Then use the USB C out to connect to the monitor.

Just stumbled across it when doing some research and have never seen it done before.

Since part of the DRM and quicksync problems relate to using two graphics cards, wonder if this would help...or just create more issues.

Last edited:
Ok, Guys, I thought maybe this is not the effect of NoVPAJpeg.kext and removed it. I start testing without it. After removed kext, I clean Cache and NVRAM then restart the machine. I don't understand what's going on but everything is still working.

What's work now;

Quicklook all image type, (Not all)
Quicklook all video type,
Netflix
iTunes all DRM

is that mean we don't need actually any kext and method? I really don't get it. I just disable IGPU from BIOS and remove InjectIntel and ig-platform-id that's all. I am not using the beta version of OS.

Please tell me how can I test more?

And VDADecoder still shows fully supported.

View attachment 357666

Edit: Ok finally found the hitch;

Yes, NoVPAJpeg.kext need it for jpegs file without it jpegs never work. All other types of files working (png, ai, psd, mp4, mov etc.) Thats mean we still need method and kext for jpegs.
default_hysterical.gif

Can you try to render a MP4 file in h264?

yeah sure, try to export a video in quicktime and don't select HEVC

Can you send me a video file link? 'cause my all videos are already mp4 or mov and h.264?

Quicktime Player Export looks like this; How can I choose?

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 00.36.32.png

Can you send me a video file link? 'cause my all videos are already mp4 or mov and h.264?

Quicktime Player Export looks like this; How can I choose?

View attachment 357770

you can try to do a screen record with quicktime. if you try to export it and the options stay grey, you can not export h.264. this is what for the most people is happening if you have no problems with drm in iTunes. It is the one or the other till someone comes up with a solution.

Last edited:
you can try to do a screen record with quicktime. if you try to export it and the options stay grey, you can not export h.264. this is what for the most people is happening i you have no problems with drm.
is it count? I already do that no problem. I can export without any problem. I made with two different ways. First I full-screen record with new screenshot app in the utilities folder and export videos with QuickTime second time I used screen recorder in the QuickTime save and export as works without any problem.

is it count? I already do that no problem. I can export without any problem. I made with two different ways. First I full-screen record with new screenshot app in the utilities folder and export videos with QuickTime second time I used screen recorder in the QuickTime save and export as works without any problem.

If you own final cut pro x try to export a h.264 there. If that works you are the first one where everything works. (H.264 and drm with no igpu) then you can maybe start a topic about it.

If you own final cut pro x try to export a h.264 there. If that works you are the first one where everything works. (H.264 and drm with no igpu) then you can maybe start a topic about it.
I didn't install Final Cut Pro yet but I will try after install and will share the results from here. Here is the video while I exporting did I follow your guidance to right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back