Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I have an amd r9 fury and intel he 4600 (i7 4770k)
Vdadecoder checker work good (it can see my IGPU)
The gpu is not listed in the system profiler.
What of the comands should I ran?
The one for amd or the one for intel?
There is a way to see which device in using MacOS at the moment?
I have lily and whatevergreen (Shiki is merged in this one now)
Thank you so much
I need this for Netflix on safari

somebody got succes with the drm issue on mojave?. with a imacpro bios i can play itunes movies without a problem (but can not export h264 ). but with a imac 18,3 bios i can't play itunes movies (but i can export h.264).

somebody got succes with the drm issue on mojave?. with a imacpro bios i can play itunes movies without a problem (but can not export h264 ). but with a imac 18,3 bios i can't play itunes movies (but i can export h.264).

I'm running my Kaby Lake system as iMac 18,3 and can't play iTunes movies either (don't know about the h.264 export issue as I don't make any videos.

is first page guide still working on Mojave?

Have you played with the Shiki values?

After reading all 41 pages here is my conclusion;

Downloading Media works(Which I confirmed myself all downloading media (Dramas Episodes) works for me) Online watching doesn't.

Note: I am downloading HD movie(Hugo) right now I will test it when I finished. I will share the result.

Edit:
Download finished and the movie works without any problem but extras don't work.

Last edited:
Had good luck doing a fresh install of Mojave with AMD (running dual cards in the same machine-- AMD RX560 and Nvidia 1080TI (currently disabled; no drivers available and primarily used for Windows). System definition 18,3. Lilu and Whatevergreen installed.

Went smooth and surprisingly, everything worked out of the gate.

Interestingly, iTunes streamed DRM video. 'Inject Intel' was selected by default during install.
Final Cut worked but without acceleration so render performance was slower. However, unchecking 'Intel Inject,' hardware acceleration returned, Final Cut renders were normal, but iTunes didn't stream anymore. Downloaded content played though.

I'm still not clear how Whatevergreen works. I know Shiki values can change things but with Mojave I haven't added any of those. Ordered a Saphire RX580 which is on the Apple recommended list, curious if that will help.

After using NoVPAJpeg.kext my Netflix and iTunes DRM start working. I need more test for a couple of days. If results are still persisted I will edit this post.

Normally Netflix never worked and iTunes DRM working just when I download. But HD movies extras never worked even I download the media. Now everything works.

Here is the link who wants to try;

https://github.com/vulgo/NoVPAJpeg/releases

Please dont forget to share your results. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back